Terrova Help

• B-man

Hey guys, just bought a used boat this winter and found that the Terrova has a broken bushing.

Is this something I can order and tackle myself??

I’ve never had a trolling motor torn down to the shaft, and it looks like there’s about 20 things stacked on top of this part…… #450 in the diagram

Also, where can I find this part? A quick search came up empty.

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot_20190305-162509.png

2. IMG_20190305_162729.jpg

Tom P.
    Whitehall Wi.

When taking it apart just stack the pieces as they came out, I would think Minnkota would have it. But I would take it apart first more then likely may need other parts, could take it to a Minnkota service center and just have them do it.

Paul Delaney

My recommendation also would be to take the motor to an authorized dealer to get it fixed because there is a good chance that there may be more parts that need to be replaced. They would be able to take it apart and inspect all parts and be able to get all parts and fix it properly with out you having to take more time than necessary to fix what you might think is only one problem. Hope you get it fixed soon and are ready to use it when we get open water.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Post the part number if you have it. A lot of times you can find it easily on eBay.

Frog farm

Call Jack @ Actions Fishing in Anoka.

Chuck Melcher
    SE Wisconsin, Racine County

I had the gear inside the box go bad on mine a year ago. There’s a great service dealer in N WI I’ve worked with them a couple times. Their advice was that the part I needed was likely only several dollars, but I was able to get an all new gear box shipped to me for a reasonable cost (it was cheeper than I thought, like under $100 shipped maybe?). They said 90% of the people that take that apart to save $ end up regretting it and coming back for the entire box.

As Paul said, I’d expect other worn parts…

Send them the photo and serial number, the guys there are awesome.

https://northlandmarine.com/

Dave maze
    Isanti

I would take it apart before ordering. There may be some extra carnage inside there.

B-man

Thanks guys, I ordered the part directly from Minn Kota.

Once it shows up I’ll tear into it and cross my fingers it’s the only thing broken.

I guess worst case scenario I’ll have to order more parts, or possibly even get them immediately from Fish Lectronics in the cities.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.