Terova or I-Pilot?

• Besox

Is the Terova worth the extra cash? I am thinking I need the foot pedal….Hard to think I would only use a remote?
    What have you guys found to be true….?

bradl110

Second most important piece on my boat besides graphs. The terrova comes with the foot pedal. I highly recommend getting the ipolt version of the terrova which comes with the remote. Do you troll a lot?

Besox

I troll more and more each year and want to do more of it….

GEEMAN
    Fort Atkinson , WI

“Second most important piece on my boat besides graphs.” X2

I fish solo ( trolling ) a lot of the time and the Terrova has been a God send. I troll using my main motor, when I get fish on I put the Terrova in autopilot using the remote. It’s so nice not having to worry about controlling the boat when you’re fighting a fish, changing baits or even when nature calls LOL. If for whatever reason my Terrova went down for the count today, I would pick up and head for the launch immediately to go get a new one ASAP !
    They are a little spendy for sure but they are worth every penny IMO.

bigstorm
    Southern WI

I have the I-Pilot Terrova and and only use the remote as I feel I have beeter spped control with the remote versus the footpedal. I went from the Powerdrive V2 w/ co-pilot and everything about the Terrova w/ I-Pilot is better

djshannon
    Crosslake

I have a PowerDrive V2 with an I-Pilot link. With this configuration you give up the foot pedal. I don’t miss it. I have better control with the remote. If you can get a PowerDrive that fits your boat you can save $600 to $800 over the Terova and get all the features including Bluetooth.

I need the foot pedal for things like hand lining and also landing fish alone while trolling. Or, in heavy winds at times too, especially when playing bumper boat over active fish.

Husker26
    Gretna, NE

I-Pilot! I have the foot pedal in the boat in case of emergency but have never used it. LOVE the remote. Don’t know how I would fish without it now. 36v Terrova

Am I reading it right, the 17 terrova comes standard without a foot pedal? Or, maybe that’s just the Riptide models? The foot pedal also has a new spot lock button and is incompatible with previous terrovas.

blank

So comparing a Terrova (80lb) and PowerDrive (70lb) both with I-Pilot on MK’s site, the Terrova is $400 more. That $400 gets you 10lb more thrust, a foot pedal which is far better than the PD’s, the new lift assist, and personally what I think is a far better deploy. If you NEED a foot pedal, that Power Drive is $100 since it’s not included on a motor that’s pre-installed with I-Pilot.

FWIW, it doesn’t look like the new Link is available for Power Drives.

Dan Baker

I can’t speak to the Terrova, but I installed iPilot on my powedrive and I was concerned about not having the foot pedal anymore. I mostly bass fish tight to cover and around docks. I don’t miss the pedal at all. The remote is considerably more accurate for my needs, especially the speed control. And it has been awesome to be able to control the boat from all the way back on the swim platform with no issues.

patk
    Nisswa, MN

I’m not tracking the question exactly. Is it Terrova w/iPilot vs Powerdrive w/iPilot? or is it Terrova vs Terrova w/iPilot?

If the first, the difference is that a Terrova will let you use both foot pedal and iPilot where the PD will only let you not let you use the foot pedal if you have iPilot.

Personal preference as some people are 100% remote and never touch a foot pedal. Not me, I love the option to keep my hands on the rod and use my feet.

If it helps at all, I put a used Terrova w/iPilot on craigslist a couple days ago. https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/bpo/6052977599.html

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.