TEAM IDO is ON ICE!!

• James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Congrats on finding the ice James and crew !!!

Please Please send me some COLD weather !!

I’m fresh out of cold weather to share, buddy. Want to see something depressing? Here’s the forecast for Baudette, MN for the next 10 days >>> http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/baudette-mn/56623/month/333772?view=table

There’s only one day where the high for the day doesn’t get into the mid to upper 30’s. And that’s on the border with Ontario.

Ryan Hughes

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>joe wassmer wrote:</div>
    If you ever want to do Flaming Gorge or some great lakes near Yellowstone, give me a buzz. I am Ten minutes from Bighorn Lake in NW Wyoming.(world class fishery)

Flaming Gorge = The Fattest Lakers on the Planet.  :grin: Who wouldn’t want to fish that lake. I honestly don’t know beans about Bighorn… but I do know how to google so I’ll be checking that one out later in the day. Shoot me an email at [email protected] We have plans to come back yet this winter (love it out there) and would greatly appreciate some local eyes to help with conditions before hopping in the truck for a 20 hour drive.

James, I was on Henry’s while you were but across the lake. I wish I would have known that you guys were there so I could have possibly met you. I am from Wyoming like Joe Wassmer but I live in Pinedale Wyoming which is only an hour or so from Flaming Gorge. If you ever make it out this way please let me know and I will do everything I can to get you on some of those giant lakers.

I fish Fremont, Boulder, Half Moon, New Fork, and Green River Lakes more than I do the Gorge just because they are closer and have caught 20+ pound lakers out of each of them. I am truly blessed to live in a place like I do and am able to fish as much as I do.

I have been talking to Andy about Cascade and have a trip planned to make it up there in January. I’ll be sure to post some pictures when I get back to make everyone jealous.

Anyways I just wanted to offer my help if you ever make it back out here in the future. I can’t wait to see the episode and see if you caught anything bigger than I did (my biggest was a 4 ish pound brookie).

Tight lines,
    Ryan

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

James, I was on Henry’s while you were but across the lake. I wish I would have known that you guys were there so I could have possibly met you. I am from Wyoming like Joe Wassmer but I live in Pinedale Wyoming which is only an hour or so from Flaming Gorge. If you ever make it out this way please let me know and I will do everything I can to get you on some of those giant lakers.

I won’t head that far west again without giving you a courtesy contact well in advance. And know I appreciate the offer to help with info.

As for size of fish caught, we iced dozens like the one in the photo and a smattering larger include one real brute of a hybrid. That lake is the real deal!

Attachments:
    1. andy-cutthroat.jpg

Mitch Bradshaw
    Hugo, MN

Grab a Jaw Jacker too. Pk predator in pink is my go to lure

This was a go-to method for big trout fishing when I was in CO. A Jaw Jacker with a small tube or tungsten jig w/ worm and hop around with a PK Predator or PK Flutterfish. I love me some PK Lures!

Attachments:
    1. IMG_20131214_115541.jpg

hop307
    Northern Todd County

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Ryan Hughes wrote:</div>

I won’t head that far west again without giving you a courtesy contact well in advance. And know I appreciate the offer to help with info.

As for size of fish caught, we iced dozens like the one in the photo and a smattering larger include one real brute of a hybrid. That lake is the real deal!

The colors on that fish are amazing. I am sure the picture does not do it justice.

soldiersdad1
    La Crosse, WI

AHHHHH, FISHABLE ICE AT LAST!! Just kinda of curious about having to travel that far. I was told over the weekend, that there are lakes in the Hayward, WI area with 4″ of ice. I never substantiated the claim, but one of the sources is pretty reliable. Biting the bit to get out on first ice!! In the meantime, looking forward to the CLAM/ICE TEAM Ice Fishing shows coming this weekend in St.Paul and next weekend, the 11th-13th in Milwaukee. I/we will be at the Milwaukee show on Saturday, the 12th.

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.