Tatula Reel maintenance

• Youbetcha
    Anoka County

Well now that I have more time on my hands at home I am getting antsy for open water. I am wondering what you guys do for normal maintenance for your tatula reels?

FryDog62

I take 2-3 reels every year, including several Tatulas, to Tim at Wayzata Bait for annual cleaning, lube, tune up. I should probably learn to do it myself, but I’m a sales guy ;)

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

I take 2-3 reels every year, including several Tatulas, to Tim at Wayzata Bait for annual cleaning, lube, tune up. I should probably learn to do it myself, but I’m a sales guy ;)

I have one that needs a little work. Might take it down to Tim. Does Capra’s do reel maintenance? I can’t remember and it’d be a little closer.

FryDog62

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>FryDog62 wrote:</div>

I have one that needs a little work. Might take it down to Tim. Does Capra’s do reel maintenance? I can’t remember and it’d be a little closer.

I don’t know for sure – I have a process of buying from Dean and giving to Tim for maintenance. Can’t risk messing up that kind of an airtight routine waytogo

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>mahtofire14 wrote:</div>

I don’t know for sure – I have a process of buying from Dean and giving to Tim for maintenance. Can’t risk messing up that kind of an airtight routine waytogo

jester

Youbetcha
    Anoka County

Ill look into this for sure. does he charge an arm and a leg for cleaning? dropping them off would be nice too… but im no sales guy doah

CBMN
    North Metro

I shop at Capras a fair amount but haven’t ever inquired about reel maintenance. Call them and if they don’t vados or thorn might.

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

Taking apart and cleaning most reels is very easy. I am sure there is a YouTube video out there on it. It is a good thing to learn to do. I do all my reels at least once a year or more. It takes about 10-15 min a reel to clean. You would be surprised what can get inside a reel after only a week of fishing pea green soup water. I also wouldn’t bat an eye taking in a reel that needs repair.

SuperDave1959
    Harrisville, UT

Alan Tani is a reel repair master and he does reel repair videos for many, many popular reel models. If you didn’t find your specific model of reel, there is probably something very close.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.