Tackle box or bag

• Brian Wenzel

Im wondering what tackle box or bag i should get for the upcoming ice season. Preferably something with an ample amount of storage. Let me know what you guys think! Thanks

Brian Wenzel

I was thinking of maybe the rapala tackle bag?

al-wichman
    SE Wisconsin

I like the Frabill soft tackle bag. It’s like 40 on Amazon. A lot of storage for the size. It comes with four boxes as well.

404 ERROR
    MN

I use a Flambeau AZ6 bag. Holds 7 3600 or 4007 boxes. 6 in the main compartment and one on the back. The back pocket is great for gloves, hats and other small items you may want to store in lieu of a box. The side and front pockets are excellent for pliers, GPS units and spare line. They have a plastic bottom that keeps water from being sucked up into the fabric.

Bass Thumb
    Royalton, MN

Try a backpack with small Plano boxes in it. Set up the boxes based on targeted species or lure types, then you can take out unwanted tackle if you’re not after that species or expected to be using a certain type of lure. This will limit weight. The backpack will fit a lot of places that a rectangular semi-hard-sided case won’t. Many of the soft tackle bags have pretty firm sides, especially when cold.

Otherwise, check out the Falcon V6 Tackle Bag. It’s very heavy duty. I use it in my boat for organizing miscellaneous stuff that’s being used a lot: Senkos, jig trailers, etc. I tried using it for ice fishing, but I prefer the backpack method I previously described.

Jamin
    Hudson, WI

I was thinking of maybe the rapala tackle bag?

Been looking at that one myself the past year or so as I wanted something bigger. I see it’s on sale at cabelas right now for $63. About 20% off. whistling

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

I use the small blue bag sold at cabelas for about $10. Holds 4 plastic boxes and has 4 side compartments. I’m the type that always brings too much with me for fishing and with this I’ve never felt like I’ve been short on tackle

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

I like the kind where the boxes stack on top of each other, rather than slip in vertically. The cabelas 4 box works in both directions.
    IMHO – If you fish alot of plastics putting the boxes in vertically smooshes them.

bpholl
    North Metro, MN

Rapala Tackle bag is great! I put my flasher and 2 large Plano boxes in there with still some room to spare.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.