Table Rock Winter Fishing

• 1hawghunter
    Grand Rapids, MN

Does anyone have any helpful info for fishing Table Rock Lake in the winter. I am going there for two weeks in March and would like to try for some bass. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Welcome to IDA 1HawgHunter!!!

My family and I also like to go to Table Rock for spring break in March, this year we will be there March 25th to April 1st. This time of year is hit or miss on Table Rock the water temp needs to be a consistent 60 degrees for a few days for the spawn to kick in, when the conditions are right the fishing can be fantastic, the bass go on an absolute tear! If the water temps do not hit 60 degrees it can be a tuff bite. When in March are you going to be there?

bassrap

I agree with Steve, it could be real hit or miss that time of year on Table Rock.

Water temp and lake level will dictate everything. I’d recommend starting with a Carolina rig on main lake gravel points and work into the coves, jerk bait around the flooded Cedar trees, spinnerbait/crank the banks, pitch jigs/plastics to the flooded timber.

Another thing to keep in mind is that Table Rock is a big lake and conditions can vary greatly from one end to the other.

I’ll be down there April 5-9, staying in the Kimberling City area. If things go the way I hope, there should be an awesome topwater bite going. If not, it will still be better than the fishing in Minnesoat at that time!

Let me know where you’re staying/planning to fish and I’ll give you some areas to check out.

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

bassrap have you ever fished for walleye there? I have heard that there are some BIG WALLEYE in Table Rock, they get so big because the locals there do not fish them they consider them a rough fish Any tips for fishing for walleye on Table Rock?

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Steve and BassRap, what can you tell me about crappies down there. I hear they get some piggies there too!

bassrap

Steve – the locals are not the only ones that consider them rough fish! I have never fished for them, but I have caught a few, including one that probably pushed 10 lbs. during a Bassmaster tourney. I was pretty sure I was on my way to winning until I got the stupid thing to the boat. Most of the ones I’ve caught have been down towards the dam. I’ve caught a few up shallow on cranks, including the big one and the rest out deep on Carolina rigs.

Chris – there are some BIG crappies down there. Again, I’ve never fished for them, but have caught some over the years. They suspend a lot in the submerged Cedar trees, much like the bass.

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

So shore fishing for aomeone down there on business would be out of the question???

1hawghunter
    Grand Rapids, MN

Hi Steve,
    Seen your post on Table Rock. Been busy with my real job so have not had a chance to get back to this site to check it out. My wife and I will be in Branson on March 20 and coming back on the 30th. We are staying at Artilla Cove Resort while down there. Look me up and maybe we can wet a line together.
    Arnie Nichols

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Hi Arnie,
    We are staying at Indian Point Lodge on Table Rock Lake. I will look you up when I get down there, seeing as you will be down there a week before me you should have the fish all dialed in by the time I get there. I sent you a PM.
    Chris I have not fished for crappies down there but I might have to give it a try. I am taking the laptop with me so hopefully I can give some reports while I am down there. Also if anyone knows any good guides down there please let me know I would love to recruit a Field or Pro Staffer down there to give regular reports on Table Rock here on IDA.

rocketman

How about if someone knows things like license cost, if you can rent a boat, cost of lodging, stuff like that. This sounds like a good early spring gettaway!
    Thanks

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Brian How ya been!!!
    Have I got a deal for you.
    You have a PM

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.