River Rat Tourney

• Tom S
    Woodbury MN

I am going to fish this tournament on Saturday without a partner. Should you be interested let me know. Two things to
    I noticed that you said a Dubuque Rig would be a good bet to catch some eyes. From what I understand a Dubuque Rig is a 3 way with a heavy jig instead of a sinker on the bottom.

How heavy is the jig you use? The largest Jig at the Gander in Woodbury is 3/4 oz is this large enough? If not where do you buy these larger jigs?

Please forgive me for my ignorance when walleye fishing . I grew up fishing for bass and sunnies in farm ponds in Illinois. These picky walleye are still a mystery consider. I will smoke a cigar and am a Packer Fan.

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

I use a dubuque rig from time to time and the weight of the jig depends upon the depth you are fishing. Use the same weight jig you would a sinker at your particular depth. BTY We will forgive you for being a packer fan just this once.

Gator Hunter

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

Where is the river rat tourney out of.

Gator Hunter

Tom S
    Woodbury MN

Sorry the message got messed up. What I wanted to say was if you would like to fish the Tourney and do not have a partner let me know. Thanks.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.