Finally cashed in!

• crossin_eyes
    Lakeville, MN

I’m sure everyone that has taken advantage of this forum has benefitted from it in one way or another. Late last summer I took Dave Hoggard “Hawger” up muskie fishing on Mille Lacs. Very little success, but had a great time. He promised me a trip to a private pond he calls “Secret Lake” in return. I finally got hooked up with Dave and got out there. What a blast. I’ll try my best to attach some fish pictures along with a couple shots of a GREAT new plastic Dave has come up with. We killed the bass with it and I have since fished for walleyes with it and had great success on a small lake here n Wisconsin. Thanks to Dave for the trip and to FTR for such a great sight to share trips and great fishing info! Have a great weekend everyone.

crossin_eyes
    Lakeville, MN

I can’t get the pics of the plastics to post here but you can see them on http://www.catch-n.com.
    The ones we used are the Ring’n Grub and the Monster Do.

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

Mike,

I’ve had great success on those also. Nice stuff. How are you rigging them?

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

It was nice of Dave to let you hold that fish for the picture!!!!

crossin_eyes
    Lakeville, MN

Just fishing them on a jig head with a long shank hook. Slow swimming retrieve.

Hey Fowler…call me so I can flog you in private!

smtroutchaser
    Minnesota

Yeah, I’ve been on Secret Lake with Hawger. Fantastic fly fishing for large sunny’s!
    John

ProV2
    Rochester,Mn

Mike at HOOKED ON FISHING in Rochester now has these same baits in stock. Going to give them a try this weekend—–Later–V

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.