Swab that deck!

• tim hurley

We want to keep mice out of our boats and I will do the dryer sheet thing, but I think my whole boat smells like food, blood, gulp juice, crumbs, minnow juice, so I mopped everything with a combo of ammonia and water, the viynl floor is easy to mop & I mopped storage too. Check and make sure battery cells are full, batteries are charged and have the pros do the rest. I am usually still fishing, cold weather and storage issues have me sidelined. Poorly covered boats are not just a nice home to mice but raccoon families too.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

the viynl floor is easy to mop

Is your entire floor a hard surface or do you have marine carpet?

tim hurley

Textured vinyl all over-good stuff.

bigcrappie
    Blaine

$20 you still will have mice, they make bedding out of dryer sheets.

Hodag Hunter
    Northern Wisconsin

Bounce brand dryer sheets and Peppermint oil in bottle caps kept them out of my boat last year (my first year with a real boat).

AND out of the old Cadillac for 30+ years.

LabDaddy1

IMO dryer sheets, mothballs, peppermint, and other “natural” deterrents are a joke. I would recommend a bucket trap in or preferably near the boat all winter. Use antifreeze instead of water. Use peanut butter for bait. Yes it will attract some to your rig but it will also catch most if not all of them if made right. Most important thing is smooth, easy rolling “roller device.” Google “bucket mouse trap”. Lots of different ways to make them and lots of options for materials.

tim hurley

Clean out the food smells with ammonia that smells toxic because it is toxic, wrap it tight and hope for the best.

Hydro
    Brainerd Mn

I have 3 portable houses and 2 boats that I have stored for many years in unheated detached garage. Always put lots of dryer sheets in each, no mouse issues. I do set traps around them and catch around a dozen mice throughout the year.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

I use Irish Spring bar soap you can cut it up or leave it whole. That is what I used in my Ice Castle when stored over the summers.

bigcrappie
    Blaine

This is the trick, get them little monkeybutts before they have a chance to get in your boat…………..

I have 3 portable houses and 2 boats that I have stored for many years in unheated detached garage. Always put lots of dryer sheets in each, no mouse issues. I do set traps around them and catch around a dozen mice throughout the year.

tim hurley

Not sure I get that one???? He makes great rods though waytogo

Ripjiggen

Ditto but no traps. Maybe I have been lucky.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.