Sunset lodge question

• brian schultz
    Minot, ND

I talked my wife into go to sunset lodge next winter and skipping Vegas for a weekend vacation away from the kids. I was thinking about a day on the Canadian side fishing for crappies and one day on the MN side fishing for walleyes. My wife’s biggest concern is if she will get to take a nap durning the day. Anyone else done a trip like this before? The wife could careless about fishing but said she will go. Any info on a trip like this would be great.

BCNeal
    Bloomington, MN

We were at Sunset Lodge 2 weeks ago. Two days fishing…one on US side for walleyes and 1 day in Canada for crappies. Four guys in a house. Fishing was okay both days. We caught about 15 walleye day one with size running about 12″ – 18″. The crappie were huge with five or six over 14″ and only two fish under 12″. Our 4 guys caught about 19-20 total that day.
    The ice houses were warm and during a slow period one of the guys did lay down and manage a short nap.
    Sunset Lodge did a great job. Cabins were nice and the food in the lodge was great.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.