sunglasses

• christoper eide

Know it’s been asked before, but what non-polarized sunglasses do some of you like to wear to see your electronics better? I only wear polarized and have a bad time reading the screen on my LX-7. I know about the head turn, just curious. Thanx in advance.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

I don’t know if that’s been asked before but I’m curious what people are using.

I too am tired of the polarized lenses. I had a pair of Smith with polarchromic lenses that I would love to get in just photochromic. It doesn’t appear they have may high end lenses not polarized anymore.

404 ERROR
    MN

The only non-polarized sunglasses I use are just standard tinted safety glasses from Harbor freight. They’re less than $2 and get the job done. Plus, when you step into your portable and don’t need them anymore, you aren’t nearly as worried about dropping them down the hole…Scratch em? Spend another $2 and you’re good as new…I have them all over my garage, house and vehicles. I just don’t see spending money on non-polarized glasses.

igotone

I was looking for a good pair last year. I have RX lenses so they were not cheap. but the military discount I got helped.

http://www.afeyewear.com/?affiliate=73

KAENON with progressive Rx copper 12 lenses.
    Very impressed with them so far! Light weight also.
    I can see both graphs (one is the front) really well and the copper lens makes everything stand out. And I can see at every distance without having bifocals (that I needed). So the progressive lenses was the way to go!

biggest issue is finding a place to try some on 1st, to get a frame that fits you good.

Bigwalleye30
    MN

I always wear my pair of Oakley’s that have the G30 lenses that are actually made for golf. They aren’t polarized and a cut down on the glare of the sun, but don’t darken things very much. Would be similar to a copper style lenses. I prefer them over the darker grey lenses that came with the sunglasses as well.

patk
    Nisswa, MN

FYI – From the factory all Kaenon lenses(SR-91) are polarized so probably not a great solution for the OP. It’s possible that an progressive Rx is a custom order and different.

I have those C12 lenses in regular Rx myself.

Normally I shy away from the cheapy option on eyewear but I like the idea of $2 non-polarized that won’t be missed when the fall in the black hole. Not like super clear optics are needed to site fish the weed line.

slipbob_nick
    Princeton, MN

if don’t need polarized would go to the gas station or fleet farm and try on a few pairs til you get the right amount of darkness. with my ability to lose things would hate to spend too much on them. with the cheapos can leave one pair in boat, 1 in truck, 1 at inlaws cabin

igotone

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>igotone wrote:</div>

FYI – From the factory all Kaenon lenses(SR-91) are polarized so probably not a great solution for the OP. It’s possible that an progressive Rx is a custom order and different.

I have those C12 lenses in regular Rx myself.

Normally I shy away from the cheapy option on eyewear but I like the idea of $2 non-polarized that won’t be missed when the fall in the black hole. Not like super clear optics are needed to site fish the weed line.

Pat is right on the with (SR-91) lenses — sorry for the miss read on non polarized!

With my KAENON’s I can see my electronics much better than with my other polarized ones. With non Kaenon’s pairs I had to be face first looking at my electronics and than could back away. But if i would look away then back at any angle I would lose the picture.
    I do not have this issue with my KAENON’s. That’s just another thing I like about the lenses that Kaenon puts in there glasses.

thanks Pat, for helping me clear up my post.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.