Summer patterns

• Tedd Johnson

Hi all! Looking for advise on how to locate walleye on Green bay in Summer. Last weekend took my daughter to little sturgeon bay to try and troll for ‘eyes we did get a TON of sheepshead which was fun glad we didn’t get skunked but could not get any ‘eyes, I know they are transitioning to summer patterns but I don’t know what that means or where they are if some one could explain that would be great! Am willing to drive to almost any part of Green bay to get them but I do have a small boat (16.5 Alumacraft classic) so only go on calm days. We were trolling at 1.5 to 1.9 and using flicker minnows 7 and 9 about 35 to 50 feet back on planers and flicker shads 5 and 7 25 to 45 back various colors depth was 5 feet to 30. Had NO problem getting sheepshead and even got 1 little smallie. Thanks for any advice, really just trying to utilize what little time I have off work and with the kids so really appreciated!

Attachments:
    1. 20160621_115648.jpg

bowtecmike
    Zimmerman mn

I watched the NWT weigh ins today and have a few friends fishing it. They all said the fish are in a transition right now and it’s a tough bite should pick back up in a week or two and be game on guys are getting them trolling when they find an active school also sum on spinners and a few got em on reaction bites with jigging raps. But they said you can locate 5-6 schools of fish before getting on active fish that will bite.

Tedd Johnson

So when they are done transitioning and fully into summer patterns where can I expect to find them?

Tedd Johnson

So nobody knows where walleye are in Green Bay during summer? That must be why all the pros always refer to summer patterns but never explain what or where that is…

mbenson
    Minocqua, WI

Tedd:

IDK, never fished on GB yet, but I would start by looking at the bottom of the breaks and without finding fish, start moving up those breaks for shallower fish… Of course there may be an off-the-break pattern, but if I had to look that is where I would start. Perhaps there is some mid-lake structure besides the islands that would be holding fish as well…

Mark

arcticm1000
    New Richmond, WI

I have never fished there, but the NWT did last Thursday and Friday. The guys are really good about talking about what they used and the type of structure they found them on in the 2 articles in these links:

http://www.nationalwalleyetour.com/insider-report-okadas-green-bay-gamble-pays-off/

http://www.nationalwalleyetour.com/insider-report-woodke-works-rippin-rap-for-green-bay-title/

It sounds like Rippin Raps on the clean rocks were the ticket.

Joe Scegura
    Alexandria MN

So nobody knows where walleye are in Green Bay during summer? That must be why all the pros always refer to summer patterns but never explain what or where that is…

With comments like this I wouldn’t expect much help… doah Good luck.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.