Summer Lake of the Woods

• Jeffrey Trapp
    Milbank, SD

Due to the snow I am trying to thing ahead to brighter (and warmer) days ahead. One of my favorite trips each year is pulling lead out on LOTW in early august. I am just curious who else like to head up and what your favorite plugs are? My buddies and I have decided this is something we will do every year so we want to build up all the different plugs we can. TIA

Karry Kyllo

There are lots of good cranks that have worked for me at LOTW in August trolling with lead core. Shad Raps, Jointed Shad Raps, Tail Dancers, Flicker Miinows, Flicker Shads, Jointed Shad Raps, Deep Little Rippers, Salmo Hornets, Salmo Bullheads and Bandits are just some of the cranks that have been good for me at LOTW at that time. Something gold is hard to beat on a sunny day and natural colors like perch usually work better when cloudy. White can be good almost any time.
    We were out there one time when the only cranks that we could catch walleyes had to have red heads. One never really knows which cranks will be best on a given day.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.