Suffix ice magic

• Dink buster

Should I buy suffix ice magic in clear or neon orange line? Will fish notice the orange over the clear line??

bigstorm
    Southern WI

Ive always went with the clear. I havent tried the orange to make a comparison though, I stick with what works for me

papaperch

Here is where it gets really confusing. Fish feed on microscopic organisms especially through the ice. Since no line no matter what pound test is not microscopic in size. It has to be plainly evident that fish can see any line.

Over the years of fishing. I think thickness of line has more to do with affecting how a fish reacts to your presentation. In that the bait or lure moves in a more natural way. Fish act and re-act on instinct not rational thought processes.

Have used golden Stren and blaze orange Stren and any other kind and color you can think of. Never seemed to make much difference either way. When I was young and poor. My favorite line was whatever was on sale.

Frenchman
    West Central Indiana

My buddy uses hiviz line all the time and catches plenty of fish.

chuck100
    Platteville,Wi.

Have used both for years.I have not noticed any difference using one or the other.I use more to identify different rods.

maddogg

I use orange because it’s easier to see.

kbeck12

Are you guys using a clear liter with swivel below your high vis line?

Geerdes
    Brandon, SD 57005

x2 have used orange and clear and have never noticed a difference in catch

milemark_714

I’ve used the orange and clear side by side with no difference.I like the 3# test,one of the thinnest lines in that pound test.

Pailofperch
    Central Mn North of the smiley water tower

I’ve used clear and blue on ice, and green in summer. I believe James Holst uses the orange.

al-wichman
    SE Wisconsin

I’ve been using hi vis lines forever. I like the fact I can see the line. Never felt a need to go to mono. As said before the 3lb Suffix is super thin, but holds up really well. I fished next to guys who use clear line and never saw a difference.

Frenchman
    West Central Indiana

Only time I use a leader and switch to a fluorocarbon when fishing spoon, rippin raps and jigging raps. If I am fishing jigs no leader or swivel.

mnrabbit
    South Central Minnesota

I do a lot of hole hopping and fishing outside the shack, I’m starting to switch over to hi vis because I hate when the clear line gets stuck or froze into a jagged ice edge around the hole and you can’t see the line to get it off. Always seems to make for a bigger mess than it should.

curleytail

I’ve been using hi viz mono lines for panfish for years and seem to catch my fair share.

I agree that it makes getting line that’s stuck to ice chunks freed up so much easier. I tried clear 2 lb line once and found it difficult to manage on the ice for me.

Tucker

mr-special
    MPLS

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>maddogg wrote:</div>

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>maddogg wrote:</div>

Makes it easier to see bites esp with them swim up with it. I caught a few fish last wkend just from seeing the line goes slack

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.