Stuffed venison backstrap!

• FishBum
    Saint Michael, MN - Grand Forks, ND

Thought I’d share one of my favorite ways to cook a backstrap
    It’s not too hard and it turns out great, you can mix and match your own ingredients but here is what I like to add to it:

1 large backstrap
    Half an onion chopped
    Half a red pepper chopped
    3-4 cloves of garlic minced
    A handful of spinach
    1 cup of chopped parsley
    Salt and pepper
    Montreal seasoning
    Pack of bacon, I used thicker bacon because it’s what I had already, thinner bacon works better though
    A cup or two of your favorite cheese, I like mozzarella or Parmesan

First take your backstrap and fillet it out about a half inch thick so it’s all one flat piece of meat.
    Rub the slab of meat with a little olive oil and season both sides with a little salt and pepper and Montreal.
    Take your chopped veggies and mix them all together in a bowl with your cheese then add the mixture on top of your filleted out venison.
    After you’ve done that, roll the whole thing up like a taco then wrap the whole out side of it with bacon strips and toothpick it together. Pre heat over to 375 and bake in a pan covered for about 40min check occasionally and then bake uncovered for a few minutes to brown top and you’re done!
    Here’s a couple before and after pics!

Attachments:
    1. image36.jpg

2. image35.jpg

chamberschamps
    Mazomanie, WI

That looks awesome. I’d bet it would be dynamite on the grill over indirect heat and a little smoke.

Glad I cut a back-strap as a roast. I think I know what’s for dinner Saturday.

Gary Sanders
    Lake Wisconsin

That may be one of the best venison recipes I’ve come across yet. Looks amazing!

FishBum
    Saint Michael, MN - Grand Forks, ND

On the grill would be great too!
    Give it a try, hope you guys like it!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.