-J.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Equal time. Hope there’s more this time around. toast

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Just to clarify. Kids should be in school. Not out protesting on the streets during school hours. Hope this makes the school administrators think twice about allowing students to protest. The first round of walk outs should have resulted in punishments. They have kinda opened the door to walk outs now. Not a good policy for anyone.

One of these walkouts is going to result in a student injury (or accidental death of some sort) The school/state will be sued into bankruptcy. Complete negligence here.

-J.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Just to clarify. Kids should be in school. Not out protesting on the streets during school hours. Hope this makes the school administrators think twice about allowing students to protest. The first round of walk outs should have resulted in punishments. They have kinda opened the door to walk outs now. Not a good policy for anyone.

One of these walkouts is going to result in a student injury (or accidental death of some sort) The school/state will be sued into <nobr style=”font-size: inherit”>bankruptcy</nobr>. Complete negligence here.

-J.

again….i totally agree!!!!!!

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

X3 Great perspective Jon.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Well we were walking out to protest the Viet Nam war back in the 70’s so this isn’t anything new.

Mudshark
    LaCrosse WI

Well we were walking out to protest the Viet Nam war back in the 70’s so this isn’t anything new.

You must have gone to a different HS than I did………
    If we would have done this in my Jr year in HS school in 1970 you would have paid a price……

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

The very worse they could do was detention or suspension. Our senior class was told if we skipped school on senior skip day we wouldn’t graduate. Well 70% of us still skipped and we graduated. Sometimes there are no teeth in the dogs bite.

Joe Scegura
    Alexandria MN

One of these walkouts is going to result in a student injury (or accidental death of some sort)

Too late…

Texas boy dies after being hit by truck during school walkout
    EL PASO, Texas — No charges have been filed in the death of an 11-year-old boy struck by a pickup truck in El Paso during a school-organized walkout to protest gun violence.

Boy Killed Protesting Guns

404 ERROR
    MN

I agree with WHY they’re doing it, but I don’t agree with school walkouts of any kind, for any stated purpose. Get back to class and learn how to take care of my old leaky rear end when I’m too old to do it myself…

1hl&sinker
    On the St.Croix

Get back to class and learn how to take care of my old leaky rear end when I’m too old to do it myself…

Care centers are popping up everywhere I think your rear end maybe covered if you can afford it jester

woody-1961
    Menomonie,Wi

Do they really need the attention that bad? I’m pro 2nd amendment all the way …good Ol David Hogg really got the ball rollin and for what?? Nothing but a social media whore flame flame David Hogg moon

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Is he more of a media whore then the NRA?

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Is he more of a media whore then the NRA?

On every channel but fox.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Forgive me but I think he maybe deserves it. He is just a kid who saw his friends and classmates gunned down in school. I really doubt any of us here have had to deal with something like that. At worse we maybe had a classmate killed in a car wreck. This kid was in a place where other KIDS were shot and killed. KIDS, these KIDS are just KIDS.

Kudos to him for standing up for something he believes in. If that makes him a media whore so be it.

Mike Martine
    Inactive
    la crosse wis

Forgive me but I think he maybe deserves it. He is just a kid who saw his friends and classmates gunned down in school. I really doubt any of us here have had to deal with something like that. At worse we maybe had a classmate killed in a car wreck. This kid was in a place where other KIDS were shot and killed. KIDS, these KIDS are just KIDS.

Kudos to him for standing up for something he believes in. If that makes him a media whore so be it.

x2 . Amazing how a high school kid can get such a rise out of so many adults

glenn57
    cold spring mn

The very worse they could do was detention or suspension. Our senior class was told if we skipped school on senior skip day we wouldn’t graduate. Well 70% of us still skipped and we graduated. Sometimes there are no teeth in the dogs bite.

yea until I got home and had to face my parents. That’s what kept me on the straight and narrow.

Jonesy

X3

nord

I found someone on Facebook who said, “It’s better they walk out to protest, than to run out and get shot.” So true!!!

TripleA
    Blaine

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Dutchboy wrote:</div>

X3

Nothing like listening to KIDS for wisdom and advice on what makes the world work……. tons of “experience” to draw from there.

It’s weird there is a lot involved in the SAME incident but doesn’t get the coverage because he is pro-gun. ??? (See agenda)

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.