strikemaster solo

• rkd-jim
    Fountain City, WI.

I remember seeing a post here about Strikemaster Solo having trouble with primer hose coming off. I contacted Strikemaster and they responded immediately.They stated that the black fuel line was a wrong fit for the auger application. They said that the primer line was the only one that has been an issue and that they would send me a replacement. My question is does anyone have an issue with any other fuel line on the Solo?

tmyboy2001
    Lakeville, MN

Same here. I bought mine brand new at the end of last season (2.5 HP Lazer Mag with the black engine cowling). I stored it for the summer according to the recommended methods, and it ran great this past month that I had been using it. Only ran four tanks of gas through it. This weekend it wouldn’t idle after it warmed up and the primer hose keeps popping off. Brought it to D-Rock this morning. I’ll report back when they let me know what’s going on.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

The vent line in my tank either disintegrated or broke off. Don’t remember if it was a black one or a clear one.

Make sure there is a tube right under the filler cap. Mine didn’t so it would die after drilling about 5 holes.

philtickelson
    Inactive
    Mahtomedi, MN

I’ve only had trouble with that primer line. I got the new one on and haven’t had a problem since.

tmyboy2001
    Lakeville, MN

Got my Solo back from D-Rock. They really came through with taking care of it for me in a timely manner. They acknowledged that it would probably be a quick fix and didn’t make meet wait 7-10 days for it. As it turns out, they had to replace all of the fuel lines, primer bulb line included, and adjust the mix screw, along with tightening up the choke assembly. EVERYTHING was loose. No wonder it wouldn’t run correctly. Now it runs with more guts and idles perfectly.

rkd-jim
    Fountain City, WI.

Got the replacement lines in the mail on the 24th from Dennis somebody in the cities(wife threw away the package). Very quick response from Strikemaster. Replaced the lines yesterday. Instructions were very good. Ten minutes had it all done. The vent line was the hardest to replace. The red vent cap fit very tight into the line. Used hot water to soften it up a bit. The yellow colored ones slid on snugly, not like the old black lines. Very satisfied with the whole process.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.