Strikemaster lithium 50 Volt no longer supported

• David Bollig

Bought the Lithium Lazer 50 Volt model last year. Now noticed model not available nor is the battery as both are discontinued. I am not too happy as now you can’t even get a backup battery and it will be a throw away when battery fails.

TripleA
    Blaine

That sucks. Glad i went with a gas model. I am surprised that a year after they stop selling the unit they dont at least carry batteries……

kabefisherman11

I talked to strikemaster and they said they have a lot of the on hand however by the time u factor in $300 for a new battery I’m most of the way to a new auger.

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

I talked to strikemaster and they said they have a lot of the on hand however by the time u factor in $300 for a new battery I’m most of the way to a new auger.

Were you quoted $300 for a battery?

munchy
    NULL

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>kabefisherman11 wrote:</div>

That’s the price on Rapalas website.

Looks like this place may have parts you can order.

http://www.psep.biz/store/strikemaster_ll_(lithium_lazer)_series_2014-current_ice_auger_parts.htm#SMLLRB_2

ptc
    Apple Valley/Isle, MN

That is terrible!!! They should at the very least offer a trade-in program for another strikemaster.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I refuse to be the guy that says you should have bought an Ion.

Sincerely,

Happy Ion customer.

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>mark-bruzek wrote:</div>

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>kabefisherman11 wrote:</div>

That’s the price on Rapalas website.

Looks like this place may have parts you can order.

http://www.psep.biz/store/strikemaster_ll_(lithium_lazer)_series_2014-current_ice_auger_parts.htm#SMLLRB_2

That is an absolute crime!
    How many years of production was the 50V?

munchy
    NULL

The nice thing about cased batteries is they can be easily rebuilt for very little money. Take the casing apart, figure out what cells are inside, order them up on eBay and reassemble them exactly how they are built in the case. Lots of how-to videos on YouTube about it.

CaptainMusky

The nice thing about cased batteries is they can be easily rebuilt for very little money. Take the casing apart, figure out what cells are inside, order them up on eBay and reassemble them exactly how they are built in the case. Lots of how-to videos on YouTube about it.

Right, and if that is out of your comfort level, BatteriesPlus will do it for you.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

Sincerely,

Happy Ion customer.

Just wait until your Ion has issues. It’s only a matter of time these battery powered augers start having problems. Another year or 2, they will need new batteries at the least so break out a couple hundo. I will stick with proven gas technology and my 4 stroke.

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

I will stick with proven gas technology

Same here.
    Gas all the way!!

People can’t actually believe these battery gimmicky augers are life long runners…

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>suzuki wrote:</div>

Sincerely,

Happy Ion customer.

Just wait until your Ion has issues. It’s only a matter of time these battery powered augers start having problems. Another year or 2, they will need new batteries at the least so break out a couple hundo. I will stick with proven gas technology and my 4 stroke.

I hear ya. I have two gas augers and only used one of them last year late season when ice was thick. For hole hopping gill fishing electric is slick. Quiet and lite. But if I could only have one auger then gas would be my choice.

MNdrifter

SMH…. that’s even worse than me buying a marcum pan cam, and then going on the App Store to download the app to find out they haven’t updated the app and it won’t work on my 2 year old phone! I emailed marcum, and all they can say is they are working on the app and HOPE to have it up before ice season. If it ain’t I’m going to lose my S. These “reputable” companies are going down hill fast.

slipbob_nick
    Princeton, MN

that sucks. Glad you posted. Been thinking a little bit about these electric augers but nervous about the price and wondering longevity. have an gas auger I’ve had for 13 years now and the only maintenance I’ve done is new blades.

Hopefully as they become more common batteries will become cheaper for them.

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>eyeguy507 wrote:</div>
    I will stick with proven gas technology

Same here.
    Gas all the way!!

People can’t actually believe these battery gimmicky augers are life long runners…

I have one of each…each has the good, the bad, and the ugly. Question for any of you out there that have a wheelhouse or permanent fish house. Do you have or use electric, or do you fire up the gas machine inside the fish house?

philtickelson
    Inactive
    Mahtomedi, MN

It seems that owners of the original Strikemaster Lithium got burnt(literally, then recalled), and now the 50V owners are getting a bit of a kick in the pants.

I LOVE my strikemaster gas auger, but I will never buy an electric strikemaster based on problems with their initial models. Just not worth the risk. I don’t know if they rushed to market or what, but it seems like there are way more complaints/issues with Strikemaster than with the ION.

Which is interesting, because I would absolutely choose a gas strikemaster before a gas Eskimo.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.