Lithium lazer replacement batteries

• kabefisherman11

Hey I was looking at the strikemaster website and it says that the 50v lithium laser replacement batteries are discontinued. Will the new 40v ones work for the lithium laser or am I sol?

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Hey I was looking at the strikemaster website and it says that the 50v lithium laser replacement batteries are discontinued. Will the new 40v ones work for the lithium laser or am I sol?

The 40V batteries are not compatible in the 50V. Call StrikeMaster on Monday and see about a replacement.

primetime82

James,

Any reason they discontinued the lithium lazer? I just bought one last year and loved it, albeit the better indicator didn’t work after less then an hour of drilling. Strikemaster replaced without a question. What happens in the future when people need new batteries or parts?

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

I chatted with Strikemaster the end of last week on that same question about service and spare parts…

Strikemaster will be able continue to service the Lithium Lazer 50v Augers and have a pile of batteries should something go wrong..

Bass Thumb
    Royalton, MN

I chatted with Strikemaster the end of last week on that same question about service and spare parts…

Strikemaster will be able continue to service the Lithium Lazer 50v Augers and have a pile of batteries should something go wrong..

Looking at the site, the replacement batteries are $300. I paid $400 for the whole auger, including battery. Not a very good deal for the owners of the Lithium Lazer.

tominblaine

You could probably have your battery pack rebuilt and would probably be better at the place where a bunch of us guys just scored lithium batteries for our locators. Its on one of the other threads here.

Tom

Bass Thumb
    Royalton, MN

You could probably have your battery pack rebuilt and would probably be better at the place where a bunch of us guys just scored lithium batteries for our locators. Its on one of the other threads here.

Tom

That’s true. I hear Batteries Plus does them too.

Bass Thumb
    Royalton, MN

Roughly, what does a rebuild cost?

Woodshed
    Elk River, MN

That’s disappointing. I went to high school with a guy that belonged to the family that used to own Strikemaster. Despite being in tax brackets that were universes and dimensions apart, he was a pretty good dude and the family took customer loyalty serious.

If they still owned it, I have a hard time believing they’d charge that kind of dough for batteries on a product they discontinued so quickly.

Hell, I’m trying to figure out what the new ownership is thinking.

Someday I’ll make the switch to electronic, but for now I’m going to stay with ‘ol stinky.

Outdraft
    Western Wi.

Wow, $300.00 for a battery, that’s insane, I can’t believe someone would pay that

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.