Strikemaster Honda Lite

• scmelik
    South Dakota

I finally broke down and bought a new auger this year, a Strikemaster 4 stroke! Went and picked it up today, put it together, filled up the oil and gas and she fired up with two pulls, this thing is awesome!

I am wondering for those that have had them for awhile did you do anything particular to “break them in” or just add fluids and drill holes? I know for some of my other small engines the owners manual suggested running a tank of gas through them and then changing the oil right away, is that needed on this motor? Are you running anything particular for oil or just standard synthetic oil?

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

We’ve run a couple of the Honda powered Strikemaster augers the last couple seasons and found that they don’t need much as far as special treatment or maintenance. The one big thing is to not overfill with oil when doing oil changes. My understanding is this is a fairly common mistake as people will fill the crankcase full of oil I stead of following the owner’s manual.

I believe the owner’s manual suggests changing the oil once a season (this may have changed) but I did do one mid winter oil change due to the number of holes we punched. Outside of that we didn’t do anything else special and they performed well.

One of the things I really liked about the Honda 4 stroke was you didnt need to worry about how you set it down on the ice or during transport. The internal oil bladder keeps oil from leaking out the carbs like other augers which can be a real PIA when you’re trying to transport them.

scmelik
    South Dakota

We’ve run a couple of the Honda powered Strikemaster augers the last couple seasons and found that they don’t need much as far as special treatment or maintenance. The one big thing is to not overfill with oil when doing oil changes. My understanding is this is a fairly common mistake as people will fill the crankcase full of oil I stead of following the owner’s manual.

I believe the owner’s manual suggests changing the oil once a season (this may have changed) but I did do one mid winter oil change due to the number of holes we punched. Outside of that we didn’t do anything else special and they performed well.

One of the things I really liked about the Honda 4 stroke was you didnt need to worry about how you set it down on the ice or during transport. The internal oil bladder keeps oil from leaking out the carbs like other augers which can be a real PIA when you’re trying to transport them.

Thanks James! The biggest reason I bought this one was because of the fact you don’t have to worry about how to put it down or transport it. I got to run this bad boy a little on the ice today, punched about 10 holes and it was great to be able to hear what was going on while I punched holes it almost felt weird.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.