Strikemaster 40v travel set up

• richsn
    SE/NW WI

When riding out on a snowmobile with the Strikemaster 40v in an auger carrier, do you guys usually go out with the battery on or off the powerhead??

If on, does it ever fall off?

If off, do you cover the head of the auger to keep the electric contacts free of snow/ice/water??

Thanks

Bryan Myers

I almost always put my battery in when I am on the ice, and as long as you make sure it snaps all the way I have never lost one.

richsn
    SE/NW WI

Thanks for the feedback.

I have a friend with “another brand” of electric auger and the battery falls off a lot if he goes out with it on.

Been lucky not to lose one and now he goes out with the battery in his pocket or sled.

jaybird1

Hello Rich the battery pack will NOT fall off of the auger on a snowmobile, atv or back of truck bouncing around. The interconnect system is really a nice design.
    Your comment about the contacts and keeping the battery free of snow/ice and water is a very good practice to follow.
    We simply carry the battery pack or packs inside of our sled or somewhere to protect the battery pack the best we can.
    It is also a good practice to keep the 40V battery pack warm prior to use once the temp is around or below 0 degrees F.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.