Strikemaster 24v vs Milwaukee 2804

• grpubl7
    Central WI

I have watched numerous fisherman use the 40V Strikemaster and that unit is an animal. It effortlessly cuts through anything. One unit that I have yet to see on the ice is that new Ion. The manufacturer raves about its ice chewing ability over all others.

I have that 1200 inch-pound Milwaukee FUEL, mated with a 7″ RAZR auger. This combination works very well and requires little effort to break through the bottom of the ice. Unless something breaks, they will bury me with it.

Attachments:
    1. 20230101_084352-scaled.jpg

CaptainMusky

Ive heard great things about the Ion, but I just hate how short they are and the handle design compared to Strikemaster. Plus I could use all my extensions from the Solo I had.

Brittman

I have the SM 24V and love it. I have both the 6″ and 8″ light flight. I bought the second one on end-of-year clearance. I also really like the handle design on the SM.

In the metro I use the 6″ most of the time. It works fine with the Marcum cable and OK with the Vex float. Son pulled a 20″ bass and released it back through the 6″ hole without issue.

Viewing 3 posts - 31 through 33 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.