Strike Master Lite flight ?

• tominblaine

I’ve got the 40 volt 8″ and love it, I’ve been thinking about putting a Lite Flight on it (old guy here} but my buddy has one and it seems like he’s pushing on it pretty good to get it through the ice, what experiences are you guys/gals having out there?

Thanks in advance

Tom In Blaine

MX1825

I love my 8 inch Lite Flite. I have it on a Clam plate with a Dewalt drill. I’m pushing a little more this year but I have the original blades and this is the 3rd season.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

2nd year with it on a Bosch 18V and no complaints. i don’t drill a thousand holes with it because i have my spots and just go to relax and fish. i have been chasing lighter, stronger and dependable for a decade and it is finally here. if using manpower, it don’t get any lighter than lite flite with gear on a smitty. if you are pushing on the bit, your blades are not right. should dig right in and use light pressure to chew. maybe your buddy got into some debris? i notice last year a few lakes had sand frozen into the ice from wind. lots of variables but i wouldn’t flinch to save a few pounds if you can afford it. at first i was more concerned if the business end would hold up drilling ice since it is plastic. works as it should. the outside of the plastic bit has some wear but at this stage should be good for a 10 year warranty?

Coletrain27

If he has to push on it hard then there is something wrong with the blades. I’m on year 3 with my lite flight and it’s been awesome for me

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

3rd year with mine to, I don’t have to push on it. It eats ice. Mine is also on a clam plate with a hilti drill. It’s a awesome set up

Hoyt4
    NULL

Has anyone used a gas head on the Lite Flite?

Brittman

Year 3 for us also. 24V with lite flight … it cuts through the clear ice and this refroze slush/dirty ice like the day I bought it. Can’t imagine using anything else.

Greg R.
    New Berlin, WI

Same here 3 years and still eating ice quick.

tominblaine

Ok everyone that settles it looks like a new lite flight is on the wish list, Like I mentioned in my post it looked like my buddy was pushing to get it to cut but it could just as well be he had that look of determination to hold it straight :), thank you for all the input.

Tom in Blaine

lrott2003
    Wisconsin

I think very few ice innovations have matched the difference making between old and new like the lite flight. I run mine on dewalt drill. Thinking of going to dedicated auger next year so I don’t have to carry around a bunch of 5 amp batteries.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

yup,
    3 years here also and it still punches holes like it did the first day I took it out of the box.

Joe Dirty
    Big Lake

I think very few ice innovations have matched the difference making between old and new like the lite flight. I run mine on dewalt drill. Thinking of going to dedicated auger next year so I don’t have to carry around a bunch of 5 amp batteries.

I have a Ridgid drill for my auger and a while ago they came out with 8ah batteries so I got them for the sole purpose of drilling holes. Best thing I have bought for ice fishing in a while!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.