Find yourself a creek for river walleyes

• mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Ive been fishing two creeks around this area for walleyes and thier in both of them and are every spring. With the higher water in the river it raised the watertable in the creeks and the clear creek water has kept the dirtier water out in the river. I haven’t caught any big ones and the biggest going about 2 1/2 pounds but 1/2 dozen in a few hours can be done. I had the canoe out in both creeks with a trolling motor and just worked a jig/twistertail by slowly dragging it right on the bottom, 1/2 to a mile an hour and thats where I got the hits. The smallies are right on the bottom too. The water depth has gone down but the walleyes are still biting and its within the first 4 blocks from the river. I talked to a few guys fishing from shore with jigs and nightcrawlers and their getting them too, nothing big but enough for a fish fry. The biggest one I’ve seen are around 22″. With the creeks warming up the fishing will get better soon, a few more degrees and the catfish will start biting good too.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.