Cedar 10/5/06

• walleye_wisdom
    Big Sky Country Helena, MT (Adel, IA home)

Fished the Cedar from about 11:30pm-2am last night from shore. Lots of homework + lots of coffee = no sleep , so i thought i’d throw some lures around. Didn’t catch anything, but i did spot 4-5 walleye in the shallows, nothing big, but eater size none the less.

baldwin4
    NE IA

Hopefully the eyes will start picking up in Waverly soon. Have heard of some being caught above the dam in Nashua. Gonna give Waverly area a try saturday.

eye-full
    Waterloo,Ia,USA

Been picking up some decent eyes around Waterloo, but the funny thing is I’m catching more small flathead then eyes.
    All on jigs by the way.

bigesox
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

Not much happening for me between the W’loo and CF dams on Saturday. Maybe this cold snap we’re supposed to get this week will get things turned on. Seems like the more uncomfortable the weather the better the fishing.

baldwin4
    NE IA

Put boat in above the Waverly dam at 4:00am. Trolled around the ski club area with no eyes to be found. Managed to catch some small smallies. Water temp was 56.3

bigesox
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

56.3 that’s too warm. Same temp in CF. Give me 40’s and I’ll catch fish!! They are starting to bite though. Once the bite turns from crawlers to minnows, you know the feed has started.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.