Storm Smash Shads

• Francis K
    Champlin, MN

Not to hijack the Rapala Shad Rap post, but I really like using Smash Shads. I think I started using them in the river the second year they were on the market and they are a pretty darn good lure. They take a beating on the rocks and still run true, the walleyes seems to really like them and they are price right.

Last year I was looking to replenish my stock and was having a hard time finding them at brick and mortar stores. Fleet Farm doesn’t have any in store or on the website nor at Joe’s, Reeds or Thorne.

Are these still being made?

404 ERROR
    MN

FF clearanced them out last year for $2-2.50 a piece…They had a few dozen before I found them…Cabelas had some on their shelves about a month ago and they’re still on the Rapala website.

I like them, but I had two of them break right at the lip while trolling Pepin last summer. A handful of them also needed tuning out of the package, which isn’t a big deal. Blueberry Glitter and Pink Lemonade are the two best colors I have ever used.

CBMN
    North Metro

It looks like you can still order some No. 7’s on Cabelas website.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

By far my favorite shad style crank. I order them off Amazon. wave

-J.

buschman
    Pool 2

Rapala owns Storm. You can get them on the Rapala website but shipping is insane unless you use the promotions. I believe shipping is free when you order over 75.00 or something. I can let you know if I see a promotion on them. If you can get them at 30% off and get free shipping it is not too bad. They have all sizes and colors.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.