Stolen boat

• 1hl&sinker
    On the St.Croix

A boat or a car or tools in the back of the car or truck. This is new to you? Watching to much negative poop from the media man.
    This is the reason regeratration of the news happens. They think you want worthless information. Or, is it to control what you see and hear?)

Coletrain27

A boat or a car or tools in the back of the car or truck. This is new to you? Watching to much negative poop from the media man.
    This is the reason regeratration of the news happens. They think you want worthless information.

So your saying it’s not even safe to leave your boat hooked up to your truck in front of your house?

Whoever stole that had some balls to do that in broad daylight in front of a house.

Reef W

I wonder what took 16 minutes, like if there was a lock they got through or if they just dinked around that long.

1hl&sinker
    On the St.Croix

I’m saying it never been safe and history proves it and its nothing new. A news feed does nothing to to the problem of theft be it a boat or any thing else other than stir up anger and place blame as will happen.

Ripjiggen

Broad daylight that is pretty Ballsy for what they had to do to get it off the truck. One thing to hook up a boat unattached without a lock in middle of night.

Wallyhntr1
    Tonka

Had a ranger Comanche stollen from my company parking lot… Thankfully had a great insurance policy on it. Sheriff’s found what was left of it floating down the miss, I got to see it at the salvage yard… seats/consoles/electronics/motors/gas tanks all removed via chain saw…

1hl&sinker
    On the St.Croix

this is why I stay away from meeting people. I say something and I feel judged. I guess in the view of others what I say is arrogance

Ripjiggen

Not judging what you said at all. I just thought it was ballsy…I don’t think boats get stolen in broad daylight hooked up to a truck that often. I would think a stolen boat would be harder to move for money or pleasure.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Im guessing with current conditions they where not to worried about the police showing up or anyone reporting this to the police.

Snap

Maybe another angle on this story? Looks like they even went up to the door of the house.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

Maybe another angle on this story? Looks like they even went up to the door of the house.

^Agreed.

They took their time, went right up to the house to verify nobody was home, and didn’t seem the slightest bit concerned about neighbors or anyone else nearby seeing them. Not to mention that’s a pretty easy boat to notice going down the road.

My wife saw it and said “Maybe it’s being repossessed? The owner refused to be shown in the interview story of it being stolen and the circumstances seem pretty strange. It’s not the first time the local news would skip doing their homework on a story”

sliderfishn
    Blaine, MN

They took their time, went right up to the house to verify nobody was home, and didn’t seem the slightest bit concerned about neighbors or anyone else nearby seeing them. Not to mention that’s a pretty easy boat to notice going down the road.

My wife saw it and said “Maybe it’s being repossessed? The owner refused to be shown in the interview story of it being stolen and the circumstances seem pretty strange. It’s not the first time the local news would skip doing their homework on a story”

That was my first thought as well after seeing the small square sign in the passenger door of the truck as it pulled away.

bigpike

That was my first thought as well after seeing the small square sign in the passenger door of the truck as it pulled away.

The repo man cometh!

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Looks like the guy shot that crappy video himself. No self respecting security camera would look that bad.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

They took their time, went right up to the house to verify nobody was home, and didn’t seem the slightest bit concerned about neighbors or anyone else nearby seeing them.

Evidently the owner actually was at home. It took place around 7am. He was having some home remodeling done and a strange black truck with people in the driveway didn’t seem odd to any of the neighbors.

When I first saw the headline of this story, I thought that some idiot had left his 16 foot fishing boat on the trailer in the road unattended and a thief simply backed up to it, hooked up, and drove away. This is way more complicated as it is a big recreational tandem axle rig that was already hooked up to another vehicle.

I think the lesson to be learned here is to not leave your boat unattended. Even if it’s sitting in your driveway someone could back up to it and steal it.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

My guess is make your payments.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

REPO MAN

Hot Runr Guy
    West Chicago, IL

If it was the Repo Man, aren’t they supposed to inform the Police, so they don’t waste their time on a “stolen” boat call?

HRG

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Dutchboy wrote:</div>

If it was the Repo Man, aren’t they supposed to inform the Police, so they don’t waste their time on a “stolen” boat call?

HRG

Bingo. Ever watch airplane repo? Great show!

carroll58
    Twin Cities, USA

Dat’s true.

Heard so many horror stories, most fishermen I know keep their boat in a locked garage.

Thinking of adding extra security cameras, around my home as within past 2 weeks a guy less than a mile from me had his custom tackle box stolen.

Don’t be afraid to not fire warning shots, that’s just extra expense and time wasted.

Jensen

I recently installed cameras too but as we seen in the video that doesn’t stop them.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.