St Louis River update

• poppy402
    Eagle Point Wisconsin

Well as February plugs along the bite generally tapers off, but this year has been different that’s for sure. Fishing has been decent lately with some size starting to show up. On Tuesday all the snow melted off the ice and now were left with bare ice and water.

I drove out this morning and it was a little hairy. Once your out there its not bad but near shore its scary. As everyone remembers the infamous crack from December and January, well its about to separate again any day. Could be as i type as we now have 45 mph winds. There are a few cracks taking place out there but i drove over them and am still here to type this.

So please use extreme caution if you drive out from now on, i think i will only be walking now, as its easy to pull the house on bare ice. I would not be surprised if big cracks appear as we have big winds and when you get those you get weird currents etc. Secondly please release the bigger fish out there as they are our future. Take a quick picture and release her so she can spawn and someone else can catch her and enjoy the fun. Jigging raps have been better with this warmer weather, as the demon and lightning spoon have been good overall.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.