River Landings

• Jigmaster
    Superior,Wis

With the river down close to 2 feet you better stay in the channel because some of the sandbars run just about out to the channel.Two boat landing are closed. The one in billings park and the oliver landing.The landing at cylde will be open but no dock.So it should be a real zoo trying to get your boat in.Only two landing in superior barkers island and loons foot.Just two in duluth under high bridge and boy scout landing.Good luck to all this weekend.Be careful.
    Jigmaster

dan-larson
    Cedar, Min-E-So-Ta

Two feet, yikes!!! I have money that says a rookie or two loses their prop this weekend, heck I have seen it happen just below the bridge in high water years.

Bob Bowman
    MN

Quote:

Two feet, yikes!!! I have money that says a rookie or two loses their prop this weekend, heck I have seen it happen just below the bridge in high water years.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz….3…2….1 KAPOW…Nothing better then doing the count down above the island, right side of the river…..very shallow even in high water

Jason Sullivan
    Chippewa Falls, WI

I wonder if the Smithville landing will be open.

I think I’m going to use the Garfield landing tomorrow.

Who else is going to be up there?

Sully

Steve Vick
    New London, MN

Any opening day reports guys? I heard it was a zoo out there today with the number of boats!

dan-larson
    Cedar, Min-E-So-Ta

I would be interested in hearing some reports myself… It’s always a zoo though.

Jigmaster
    Superior,Wis

It was a zoo on saturday.But a very tough bite after 9 am it was done.Sunday very few boats and lots of wind again.I post more after this weekends tournament.
    Jigmaster

Jason Sullivan
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Quote:

I post more after this weekends tournament.
    Jigmaster

Jigmaster, good luck to you this weekend. I will be up there as well. I will be wearing my IDA garb to the rules meeting. Be sure to sure to say Hi if you see me. Always good to meet other anther IDA member.

Sully

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

Good luck to both of you!!! Hoping to get over there later this month or early next month.

Mark

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.