Slender spoons and mid day walleyes

• poppy402
    Eagle Point Wisconsin

What a great combo this is. Everyone knows those mid day walleyes are tough to get to bite. Recently on the St Louis River, i have found out a pattern to target these fish and consistently catch them throughout the day. 26 feet of water plus a 5/16th oz silver slender spoon equals success.

The walleyes up shallow are as lethargic as lethargic can get during the 9am to 3pm hour so what i have found myself doing is jigging up shallow then moving deep around 830am. Yesterday when fishing should have been tough due to the high winds, bitterly cold temps and extremely high pressure, I found the fish to be active in deep water. Dont get too accustomed to staying shallow all the time, spread out and find some deeper water, there is a lot out there!

poppy402
    Eagle Point Wisconsin

I forgot to mention, this fish was caught at 1030, and they were still biting great when i had to leave shortly after!

hairjig
    Cudahy, Wis.

Hey Grant, Great pattern, could you show me a picture of what exactly the slender spoons look like ?? Thanks, “Hairjig”

Northlander
    Duluth, Mn/Superior,Wi.

Ya Grant if a guy is going to stay out mid day he increases his odds quite a bit by moving deeper. That slender spoon as well as the old Blue Fox Tinglers still catch fish.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.