Fishing is heating up in Duluth!

• poppy402
    Eagle Point Wisconsin

Despite the poor ice conditions yesterday, i ventured out in search of the walleyes that i had left alone on thursday due to bad ice conditions. Fishing proved to be good… if you like catching 11 to 15 inch walleyes. These fish were agressive and willing to bite. I was working a gold slender spoon with the front 1/3rd of a minnow.

If your going to fish 5 days a week, you might as well fish 6 huh? So this morning I went out and wow, what a fun morning that was. I ended up with 15 walleyes in a little over an hour, as the bite was spread out for quite some time. I was unable to fish the area i hoped due to bad ice, but this spot turned out to be good as well. Still working that 8 to 10 feet of water where these fish move up shallow to feed. I had 4 fish in the 18 to 21 inch range and none under 14, which was nice to see as it seems the smaller 10 to 15 inch fish are everywhere as of late. The deadstick got three and the 34 inch perch sweetheart rod with a slender spoon picked up the rest.

The ice upriver continues to be strong especially around the boyscout area and above. The harbor ice varys day to day as there are so many elements that affect it. I would advise using extreme caution and walking out in the daylight if possible due to cracks that are out there everywhere and they will reopen at any time.

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

Good job bud. ML is kickin out some great jumbo and eye action too. Lookin forward to hookin up with you again this summer. Take care.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.