Staying at LOTW

• grizzly
    nebraska

just wanting some more info on staying and fishing at LOTW, im talking spring and summer mostly. usually stay in cabins or lodges but thinking of bringing camper up for a couple months or buying something as in a lot for camper and or a shed of some kind or a smaller cabin or house. most of the time put in at wheelers point talked to guys that said its better at long point. would like ur thoughts on having a place on the river or closer to long point work better

Denny O
    Central IOWA

There is a camper parking @ Ballard’s I believe, it is just across the street to the West and a half block to the South. I’m pretty sure it is theirs anyway, give them a call they can tell you. Ballard’s is just 2 blocks from the public landing @ Wheelers Point.

Ballard’s Resort
    3314 Bur Oak Rd NW, Baudette, MN 56623
    Phone: (218) 634-1849

Home

grizzly
    nebraska

have talked to some of the resorts about there RV parks and sounds like they can be hard to get because of the demand, some have a waiting list 1 year or more. I will try Ballards and see what they have. the thing I forgot to mention is that I am looking for full hookups so I don’t have to move camper once it is set.do you allways put in at wheelers or have you used the boat ramp at Zipple or long point?

Denny O
    Central IOWA

Depends where we will be fishing, I use Ardensens, Zipple St Park, Wheelers, Vidas Landing and Frontier. The last 2 are in the river.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.