Stand up jigs

• chris
    northern Illinois

When and in what situation do they work good and how do you use them? I mostly fish pool 13 on the mississippi. A guy from work gave me a do it stand up jig mold and a bunch of hooks so I made up all the hooks and was wondering if I should hold on to the mold or sell it and get something a different. Thanks.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

what sizes and style do you have? I have a few sand flats that I use them for with 7″ culprit worms. when bass are on the flats, slow dragging them through the dips produce well for me

chris
    northern Illinois

1/8, 1/4 3/8 5/8 and 3/4 ounce in this mold and it’s just called stand up jig

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

That’s a nice head if you are fishing sand as Randy mentioned, but if you are tossing it to a rocky bottom you’ll be losing them pretty quick. It takes a specialty hook and they can get spendy. If you are looking for a walleye head maybe sell the stand up and buy a teardrop head that uses a wire form for the keeper instead of a cast barb or ball collar. The Do-It JT-7-WBA Teardrop mold casts great sizes….1/16, 1/8, 3/16, 1/4, 5/16, 3/8, and 1/2 ounce. This mold makes a jig near identical to a very popular and common river jig.

Here’s a link to the Do-It page that describes the teardrop mold using the 570/575 eagle claw jig hooks which are very common and affordable. If you intend to buy the mold I suggest you order from Zeiners Tackle….way less money than from the company. Do an internet search for Zeiners. Barlows also has the mold cheaper.

chris
    northern Illinois

thanks for the info, I got the tear drop mold a while ago and almost have a hundred of each size made. I kind of figured the stand up would wedge in rocks pretty bad because of there shape.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.