St. Paul Ice Fishing Show

• Nick Johnson

I’m looking to make the journey 2 hrs west to st. Paul for the ice fishing show. I’m looking to get my hands on a marcum. Are the deals too good to not make the journey? Any vendors I should have on my radar? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

MNdrifter

I’m looking to make the journey 2 hrs west to st. Paul for the ice fishing show. I’m looking to get my hands on a marcum. Are the deals too good to not make the journey? Any vendors I should have on my radar? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

In my experience marine general and Krueger Farms, Thorn Bros and Reeds(but I’ve got my own issues with Reeds) are the best wheeler and dealers. But for sure don’t buy at the first deal. Work them against each other. But in reality they all have the same price point, it’s just getting one of them to it. Cash is king. Bring plenty of it.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

best deals are on sunday. just tell a vendor you got a good price from so and so and there is a good chance they will match it. I think the best deals I have got in the past are from Reeds and Marine General.

Slapshot

Marine General and Reeds are definitely the places to go at the show. Enjoy the show it’s a lot of fun.

Brad Hak

Reeds has always been the vendor that I end up getting the best deals and freebies from. Good service and if you are bundling items together especially big ticket items you will not find a better price anywhere, including on-line. Me and the group that I fish with usually will go together when we are in the need of big purchase items, has served us well every time.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

If you go on Sunday you’d better hope they still have whatever you seek in stock still. It’ll be a gamble. With the ice conditions we had last year many of the vendors I spoke with sold alot.

404 ERROR
    MN

Reeds, Thorne Bro’s and Marine General are the go-to’s. I got a pair of expedition ice rod cases at Marine General on Sunday a couple years ago for $25/ea…Go on Sunday and hope someone still has what you want in stock. Thorne threw in a Marcum camera and some St. Croix rods when I bought one of their display ice houses about 10 years ago on Sunday…

Nick Johnson

I’m looking to either get a LX6S or LX7. I’m guessing they will be going like hot cakes. I’ll take my chances and try to score on one Sunday.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Best items I’ve picked up at the show. (other than my Marcum)
    1) Head lamp. This thing is awesome. Multiple settings, re-chargeable. The highest setting will light up an entire valley. The dog sledders use this.
    2) Mickey Mouse boots. (no pics)
    3) Military Choppers. Easy on and off, warm, you can kneel on them and keep your knees warm and dry.
    4) Re-chargeable flashlight. Multiple settings, including strobe. Extremely bright.

and as a wise man said (mndrifter) cash is King!

Attachments:
    1. 20171123_083636.jpg

2. 20171123_084253.jpg

3. 20171123_084152.jpg

tim hurley

Show is fun-can be a zoo at times. Deals on Sunday, selection on Friday. Some free stuff-fun to see the resort maps and photos and fantasize.

Nick Johnson

I’m heading to the show on Saturday.. I was scared if I went Sunday, I’d be SOL.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.