St. Croix Rods – Medium budget suggestions

• stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

I was just wondering what you fellas would recommend for a walleye rod, specifically from St. Croix, that’s above the Triumph/Mojo Bass class but below the Legend Elite line? What model, spinning or casting, and please…… specifically why you’re recommending the rod over any other options. Thanks!

walleyeguy000
    Rochester, MN

I use the st criox avid line of rods. For pitching I use 6’9″ medium light extra fast. Works amazing. Vertical I like 6’3″ medium extra fast. Very nice rods and Good warranty if they break.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Fenwick elite tech. Why I recommend? Because I’ve owned most those middle class St.Croixs and never enjoyed all too much. Premiers are nice, Rage is awesome except for the grip. Avid, egh.

Bass series 610mlxf is freakin awesome rod for its price tag.

john23
    St. Paul, MN

I love the avids myself. AS69MLXF is a great and fairly versatile walleye rod with braid on it. The AS68MXF is my go to jig pitching rod with mono. Put braid on it and it becomes a great rippin rap/snap jigging/light swimbait rod.

smackemup
    North Metro

I am a fenwick elite tech fan as well, been using one for a few years now. Nice backbone and I like the handle a lot too. Matched it up with a president, nice combo for a reasonable price, you get what you pay for. Also elite tech with the president for my favorite ice combo as well.

Dusty Gesinger
    Minnetrista, Minnesota

I like my legend tournaments. Pick your size and action.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.