St Croix River Water Levels Question

• bradl110

Just looked at the foretasted water levels and it looks like it will be coming up a bit.

My question is how do I know how many feet it has risen. I want to make sure to adjusted my water levels correctly on my Hummingbird to my graph is accurate.

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

You can do that on the water. I.e. go to basin/flat and adjust accordingly.

bradl110

ha ha, I knew I was going to get that for an answer. I was just curious to see if there was an easier way to find that information out online.

396ranger
    Cottage Grove MN

Maybe someone can post up what normal height is and than slow no wake height.

I forgot what normal was

Slow no-wake is at 683 or higher. I believe normal is somewhere about 76?

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

You need to know what lakemasters zero is compared to water level.

The most accurate method is on the water and in the general area you plan to fish.

That was my answer for a reason bud.

Cp3
    Hammond, WI

You can get close online before heading out to the water but like FishBlood&River said it is best to make that adjustment on the water for a more accurate depth/water level.

This segment of Tips ‘n Tricks shows how to use the sonar readings from your Humminbird to adjust the Water Level Offset Feature on your LakeMaster Mapping Charts. A great tool to customize your mapping for the current fishing conditions to exactly match your map data to your current depth readings.

catmando
    wis

waters dang near to the parking lot t 243 osceola, its going over the point. i’am sure marine landing will be toast.

barc
    SE MN

I always wondered why they can’t automatically do the water level offset via SW and allow a manual override? i.e. tie the gps location / map water level to the sonar current water level and simply adjust it accordingly. The same thing with the speed setting when you are running SI. If you are trolling upstream at 1.5 MPH and turn around and troll downstream and it is 3 MPH why can’t they simply adjust via SW and offer a manual override option to fine tune versus messing with the menu and settings?
    barc

bradl110

Man, that water temp has really dropped. Anyone else see the wind forecast for Saturday………… 20-30mph kind of a bummer

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

I always wondered why they can’t automatically do the water level offset via SW and allow a manual override? i.e. tie the gps location / map water level to the sonar current water level and simply adjust it accordingly. The same thing with the speed setting when you are running SI. If you are trolling upstream at 1.5 MPH and turn around and troll downstream and it is 3 MPH why can’t they simply adjust via SW and offer a manual override option to fine tune versus messing with the menu and settings?
    barc

That would just be awesome!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.