St. Croix launch site?

• dfresh
    Fridley, MN

Thinking of doing a pretty casual sturgeon trip this weekend with the fiance on Saturday or Sunday, launching anywhere near Stillwater/Hudson or just North or South. If we launch pretty early in the morning, what are the best options, either pay or free ramps?

Usually launched at Beanies in the past, but not sure if that is still viable with new ownership. Any guidance is appreciated!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I would call beanies prior to going there. Hopefully someone will answer. I haven’t been there since spring with the high water.

Afton has Windmill, expensive but great service and help.
    The beach house in Bay Port is about $12. I think. Haven’t been there at all this year.

Hudson landing is open for a fee and the North Hudson Landing is free and you shouldn’t have any trouble there with your boat (steep hill). It’s an up hill walk to your vehicle but you’re still a young stud.

uninc4709

If its early in the morning, you should be able to find a spot at the boomsite landing… but it is a gamble.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

The beach house in Bay Port is about $12. I think. Haven’t been there at all this year.

Make sure to get there before 8 or 9. They charge an extra $10 I think during open hours. They help you unload and load your boat.

Kevin

Town of troy boat ramp

Google “Cove boat ramp hudson WI”

8 bucks for non resident

rschmidty

I was just at Beanies on Sept 22nd. They don’t have the bait shop anymore and noone was there when we launched, just a pay drop box. $10 from 10/1 on.

dfresh
    Fridley, MN

Thanks guys. I knew about most of these, just wasn’t sure what the best bet was. Plan is to get on the water early and back off before lunch time, unless the fish are biting…

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

I wouldn’t think you would have a problem getting a parking spot at any of the launches this weekend (except maybe beanies since they don’t have alot of parking now). The weather isn’t supposed to be real nice this weekend. I thought they pulled the docks at Hudson last week and I don’t think I saw an update saying they put them back in. Good luck with the Sturgeon.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.