St. Croix Eyecon question

• Ryan

Can anyone tell me what “Big Water” means exactly? I noticed they have different names on other Eyecons like this…

Attachments:
    1. 8999585C-1F54-4A3F-AD27-B2E5783FA75B.jpeg

hnd

they have a purpose attached to those rods. like Big Water and Crankin. my 6’3″‘s are “vertical jig” rods.

the eyecon series only had a 6’6″ ML offering and people wanted a beefier version of that rod.

Ryan

they have a purpose attached to those rods. like Big Water and Crankin. my 6’3″‘s are “vertical jig” rods.

the eyecon series only had a 6’6″ ML offering and people wanted a beefier version of that rod.

I understand that they have a purpose but was wondering what “Big Water” meant…do you know?

Sean Solberg
    St. Paul

A quick google search turns up that they are designed for bigger rigs/jigs and to help lay the wood on deeper fishing.

“Walleye anglers absolutely love the medium-light power, fast-action 6-foot, 6-inch ECS66MLF and ECS66MLF2so much so theyve inundated us with calls and e-mails requesting a beefier version for deeper jigging and rigging. We are now pleased to answer their wishes with a medium-power Big Water in the same length and fast action, says Jesse Simpkins, Director of Marketing, St. Croix Rod.

These new models are recommended for line weights between 6 and 12 pound test and baits ranging from 1/4 – 5/8 oz., making them ideal for the bigger jigs and rig weights required in deeper water, current, and vegetation and crankbaits but more on that below.”
    Source: https://stcroixrods.com/blogs/news-2016/new-must-have-walleye-weaponry

sktrwx2200

It means nothing. Everyone got carried away with “technique specific” rods, so companies started labeling them like that. Like he said, people wanted a little heavier rod than the 66ML “jig-n-Rig”so they came out with 66MF. So its just a little heavier than the ML.. 66MF is the most common rod sold because you can use it for almost everything. They just called it the “big water” because its a little stiffer for maybe a little larger jigs, cranks, rigs…ect..

Ryan

It means nothing. Everyone got carried away with “technique specific” rods, so companies started labeling them like that. Like he said, people wanted a little heavier rod than the 66ML “jig-n-Rig”so they came out with 66MF. So its just a little heavier than the ML.. 66MF is the most common rod sold because you can use it for almost everything. They just called it the “big water” because its a little stiffer for maybe a little larger jigs, cranks, rigs…ect..

Awesome, thanks sktrwx2200

Ryan

A quick google search turns up that they are designed for bigger rigs/jigs and to help lay the wood on deeper fishing.

“Walleye anglers absolutely love the medium-light power, fast-action 6-foot, 6-inch ECS66MLF and ECS66MLF2so much so theyve inundated us with calls and e-mails requesting a beefier version for deeper jigging and rigging. We are now pleased to answer their wishes with a medium-power Big Water in the same length and fast action, says Jesse Simpkins, Director of Marketing, St. Croix Rod.

These new models are recommended for line weights between 6 and 12 pound test and baits ranging from 1/4 – 5/8 oz., making them ideal for the bigger jigs and rig weights required in deeper water, current, and vegetation and crankbaits but more on that below.”
    Source: https://stcroixrods.com/blogs/news-2016/new-must-have-walleye-weaponry

Thanks Sean!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.