St Croix

• Steve Kracht

Considering heading over to the St Croix Friday.
    Planning on putting in either at Franconia or Osceola.
    I went by today as I was in the area. Franconia seemed manageable if you use the northern edge of the landing.
    Osceola’s north landing seemed unusable due to some concrete blocks in the way.
    The more southern landing was shallow but looked manageable.
    I have a 20 foot pro guide.
    Anyone have comments about launching at either of these sites, and as important, is the river in this area manageable for this size rig?
    Thanks

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

At Franconia if the gravel bar is out of water just south of the landing launch there. Trying to launch anyplace else will be shallow. From there plan on running some very shallow water. Wouldn’t be surprised if you are pushing through some areas. Had plenty of spots this afternoon less than 2′ deep. Good news is with the low water the panfish are moving out of the back waters and stacking up in areas of the main channel.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I was just out of franconia all weekend and fish out of that launch a few times a week. Definitely follow and put your boat in north side of that landing. Its super shallow but do able. Just like always your going to come in to some shallow water. I gound less then 1.6 in places. So pay attention. But fishing has been good

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

The osceola launch is fine as well just have to push in deeper just like franconia. I guess it depends where you want to fish. I fish north so I launch at franconia so the trek from osceola is to slow for my liking

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Thanks guys…

if you use franconia, 20 yards north is all mud so you dont have to beach the boat on hard Rock or gravel. But if you go to far the mud turns to super thick stuff that’ll eat your feet when you get out

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.