Squirrel Down!

• Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

I often let Ripley out when there are squirrels in the backyard–he loves to chase them and it clears them out for a bit, but I never thought he’d catch one. Yesterday, there was one sitting on the feeder, and my son said, “Dad, let’s let Ripley out!” So, we did, and as he headed around back, we went to watch.

To my surprise, he ran that sucker down! They ended up rolling, and the squirrel escaped his jaws. It headed for a tree, but it was obviously injured. When Ripley found it climbing the tree, he jumped up and plucked it right off. rotflol

I was like watching National Geographic! Happy dog, and one less squirrel. smash

Attachments:
    1. 20190106_130116.jpg

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

I got dibs on the cheeks

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

That doesnt happen very often. My dog has been chasing them for 7 years and she has only caught 1. Rabbits are another story. They cant climb fences!!

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Rabbits are another story. They cant climb fences!!

Our rabbits mainly only come out at night, so he hasn’t got any yet.

chuck100
    Platteville,Wi.

Good dog.My pooch managed to get three in her career.

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

Mine caught one. It went for a hell of an airborne flight. Called her off and squirrel ran under neighbors storage shed. When she came back to me the look on her face was “Boy was that fun!”

Woodshed
    Elk River, MN

That is impressive. I’ve got a 3 year old Brittany that can stalk a squirrel like a leopard and appears to accelerate just as fast. He’s still O for about 1 million attempts.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I often let Ripley out when there are squirrels in the backyard–he loves to chase them and it clears them out for a bit, but I never thought he’d catch one. Yesterday, there was one sitting on the feeder, and my son said, “Dad, let’s let Ripley out!” So, we did, and as he headed around back, we went to watch.

To my surprise, he ran that sucker down! They ended up rolling, and the squirrel escaped his jaws. It headed for a tree, but it was obviously injured. When Ripley found it climbing the tree, he jumped up and plucked it right off. rotflol

I was like watching National Geographic! Happy dog, and one less squirrel. smash

I could use his help at my house. I’ve been putting out corn on the edge of a wetlands in my back yard. Have a trail camera set up on it. Must get 100 pictures a day of those dang tree rats. Didn’t mind when it was only 1 or 2 but I think every squirrel within a mile is now showing up. They are so fat I’m not sure they could even outrun a slow fat dog these days. I know they can still outrun a slow fat old man jester Feel bad for my daily Pheasant visitor. The squirrels normally have my morning supply about ate up before he normally shows up. Once in awhile he gets lucky and hits the mother load. My best nighttime picture has 6 deer, 4 rabbits, and a mad old possum all in the same picture frame at the same time.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.