Spring Boat Shoes/Boots

• KD7633
    Iowa

What do you like wearing in the boat during cold, early spring or late fall outings? I know some of the ice fishing boots are an option but often are big and bulky on the boat. Appreciate your thoughts!

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

I like the Lacrosse muck style boots. They are pretty light, warm and you are protected from water up to almost your knee. Makes launching easier when you don’t have to worry about the water.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I wear Muck boots

tim hurley

Rubber boots make my feet sweaty (TMI?) so I keep them around but wear regular boots-with the z-launch cord I never need a dock or to get my feet wet to launch.
    Someone on this site told me about it.

Umy
    South Metro

I like the Lacrosse muck style boots. They are pretty light, warm and you are protected from water up to almost your knee. Makes launching easier when you don’t have to worry about the water.

Ditto

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

I usually wear a 200 gramm thinsulate rubber boot thats knee high. I also have an old pair of cabelas brand boots that are rubber on the bottom portion and treated leather on the upper part. Both work pretty well and were inexpensive options

BigWerm
    SW Metro

I wear my knee high Irish Setters 1200 grams until docks get in or the weather is warm. Then I switch to crocs or some Vasque hi-top hiking shoes that are water proof.

Deuces

Early spring usually just some non vented hiking boots with a warmer sock. Good chance the days will get warmer.

Late fall is a light winter boot. Mines 1000gram irish set. Days can sometimes get colder.

Very well could be a acclimation thing. Spring we are familiar with winter cold so anything over 20 degrees is a freaking warm front. Fall we are still used to crocs and barefeet from summer.

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

I wear shoes or flip flops.

Think i put “Boots” on 3x this winter.

My feet do run warm, but i put emphasis on maintaining a warm core and the extremities seem to follow. 100% wore fingerless wool gloves this winter too.

Nodak

I wear leather slip ons and keep mucks in the boat for launching.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

I wear mucks and then regular shoes or hiking shoes in the boat.

marbleeyes24 (Larry)
    Nevis

XtraTuf!! I wear them year round as my run around and boat boots. They work great in the fish house too!

carnivore
    Dubuque, Iowa

The short Mucks. My three season “back door boots”. Love em, easy on/off, comfortable, decent grip, boat friendly and warm enough paired with the right socks for the temperature.If too cold go to heavy insulated La Crosse boots.

slipperybob
    Lil'Can, MN

Leg waders when launching and landing boat. Then just switch to regular boat shoes.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

When the water is still quite cold, I’ll Lacrosse’s version of muck style boots for the warmth and ability to launch in varying conditions. Slide on sandals are generally what I wear once water temps are into the 50s. They float, are easy on and off, and last forever. Once in the boat, if it’s just me or one other trusted person who I know won’t leave stuff laying around…I’ll go barefoot.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.