Spray on boat liner

• Boogerbreath
    Bemidji, MN

Never tried it but thought about applying it to the hull of Darla, my 1956 14′ Crestliner with real wood decor. If you watched Finding Nemo with the kids you would get the hilarity to the name.

Anyone have comments? Does it really stop minor leaks? Does it get hot in the sun? Grippy? Slippy? Priccy?

Thanks
    Boogs

Attachments:
    1. boatday1.jpg

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Check in with rrr. He just had his done.

uffdapete
    Rainy Lake, MN

I used brush/roll on Herculiner on the interior of a 16′ Lund that leaked approx 1 gallon in 4-5 hrs and it resulted in a dry interior. Some companies now have it available in lighter colors.

Also used the Rust-Oleum spray version on another old boat with a similar leak rate a year ago. When applied it looked suspect as the consistency is only slightly thicker than spray paint so applied 2 coats and 3+ to riveted areas. I’ve used the boat a few times and while I’m not confident it’s as dry as the first boat, it’s much better than it was – hard to tell after just 3-4 times cause of rain, spray, etc.

It’s not that difficult. Just clean the surface thoroughly and apply, both according to manufacturer’s instructions and make sure you apply it to the entire surface if you can. If you skip a spot hard to reach that’ll be the place that still leaks. -)

Herculiner runs $70-80 gallon, Rust-Oleum $7-8 a can. Either has a nice non-slip surface. The heat factor is obvious. Lighter colors = cooler.

TNewman

I sprayed a CJ5 interior with a product called Raptor Linings. I loved it except for the prep of the vehicle, prep takes 90% of the time and the spray went in awesome. It goes on with a Shuetz gun (sp?)they are cheap and come with the product when I purchased it. I went through TP tools website to order the stuff. It went on easy and it was tough as nails. I can’t say anything about the slip factor though? I think they have a tintable product as well.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.