SPIRIT LAKE BOATING?????????

• norseman
    FAIRMONT MN

I WAS AT ANGLERS BAY TODAY AND SEEN A BOAT OUT THERE FISHING THE EDGE OF THE ICE. WAS THAT YOU SHALEY?

shaley
    Milford IA

Nope not me, I won’t put my boat on Spirit till walleye opens. I’m a shore fisherman at the moment other than a few Center trips in the evening for a supper of eyes.

norseman
    FAIRMONT MN

I’VE FISHED THE ICE EDGES ON RIVERS AND HAMMERED THE PERCH AND WALLEYES BEFORE. NEVER TRIED IT ON LAKES. THE BOAT WAS ON THE DEEP EDGE OF THE WEED FLAT IN ANGLERS. INTERESTING!

weimman86

There can’t be a whole lot of ice left on Spirit is there? I got to say that it was the best winter i can remember for fishing on Spirit Lake. I’m gonna miss the ice!!

shaley
    Milford IA

I’d say 95% open still a little ice being pushed around by the wind. I was surprised the ramp dock on Hales was in already. It was a record year for perch according to the DNR, highest catch rates since they started keeping records back in the 50’s. Should still be good for next year to, they claimed roughly 130K perch kept and 400K released to grow and be caught again.

norseman
    FAIRMONT MN

DIDN’T GET OUT THERE THIS WINTER. WAS THE WALLEYE BITE GOOD?

benihana
    Central MN

In the morning there were 2-3 boats working the edge of the ice. We stuck to the basin for the most part, i tried setting us up in shallower water, but we didn’t find them there. Went back out to 20 fow and found the perch yet. Caught over 160 between three of us, but only 4 were keeper size. We got on at Templar, and it looked like there was still some pretty good ice on the ramp at Miniwakan.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.