Soft Water

• norseman
    FAIRMONT MN

Is anyone but myself pumped up for soft water fishing? A friend of mine that works for the fish hatchery has told me the walleye fishing in spirit should be fantastic! The length limits are the same but populations are great!

nic-habeck
    Lake Mills, WI

Words cannot explain how bad I want to go open water fishing…

Soon, hopefully.

huskyjerk
    Swea City, Iowa

Hey norseman,

I finally see someone from Fairmont! U got any kind of report from up there? I had heard they were getting some crappies on Bud, any truth??

tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

Quote:

Words cannot explain how bad I want to go open water fishing…

Soon, hopefully.

shaley
    Milford IA

From what I have seen theres a good poulation but alot of under 14″ fish and slot fish. Theres also a huge perch population so the lakes loaded with food. It will be a challenging year for sure. Drop a camera down and nothing but perch everywhere from micros to jumbos.Been 100-200 trucks a weekend day and half that during the week out there since drivable ice. I know the numbers of fish boated for us was down last year from past years but quality was up. I’ll gladly trade 100 fish days with 1 keeper to 15 fish days with 6 15-16″ fish.

norseman
    FAIRMONT MN

MOST OF THE ICE HOUSES ARE OFF THE LAKE NOW. BUT THE WHOLE CHAIN IS FULL OF CRAPPIES! I HEARD HALL WAS THE HOTSPOT FOR LARGE CRAPPIES THIS WINTER. ALOT OF WALLEYES WERE CAUGHT ON EARLY ICE TOO. BUT THE WALLEYE BITE GOT THIN WHEN THE HEAVY SNOWS CAME. IF YA WANT TO LOAD THE BOAT WITH CRAPPIES COME FISH AFTER ICE OUT. AROUND WHEN THE LILACS BLOOM. FOR WALLEYES FISH THE CURRENT IN FRONT OF THE YAHCHT CLUB CREEK ON THE OPENER WITH PAPALA COUNTDOWNS GOLD.THE DOWN CURRENT SIDE OF THE BRIDGES WORK TOO. NIGHT FISHING IS BEST. FOR WALLEYES OVER 10 # SPEED TROLL SILVER BLUE RATTLE TRAP WITH LONG LINES ON THE DREDGE LIPS IN 12 FT IN MID AUGUST.IF YA NEED HELP WITH THIS CHAIN JUST ASK. I’VE BEEN FISHING THEM FOR 50 YEARS. THERES FISH IN HALL OVER 32 INCHES. ALOT OF THEM!!!!THE BASS CLUB CAUGHT AND RELEASED FISH WELL OVER 7 LBS. I’VE CAUGHT A 24+ INCHER A FEW YEARS BACK.ACCORDING TO THE CHARTS THAT SHOULD BE A 8.5 LBS! IT WAS RELEASED!

ivanbrehmer
    Johnston, Iowa

norseman, I like the way you think Soft water

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.