Spirit Lake update / advice?

• ted-merdan

In-laws have rented a cabin on W. Okobji for the week of July 9-16. Couple of questions:
    – can you boat into Spirit from W. Okobji?
    – any recommendations for putting the brother-in-law on some action?
    – panfish/perch action (lots of fast action) for the kids recommendation?

Thanks and I will report back how things go!

ted merdan

panfish
    Blairsburg IA

Ted you can’t boat from West or East to Spirit. As far as fishing I’m not sure hopefully Ryan Hale will reply on this he fishes the IGL alot and can tell you more.

Todd

ted-merdan

Thanks Todd – that answers one of my questions.

ted

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Quote:

In-laws have rented a cabin on W. Okobji for the week of July 9-16. Couple of questions:
    – can you boat into Spirit from W. Okobji?
    – any recommendations for putting the brother-in-law on some action?
    – panfish/perch action (lots of fast action) for the kids recommendation?

Thanks and I will report back how things go!

ted merdan

This time of year the day bite can be a little tough but you can get into some smallies on the rocky points. The water is very clear so you can see the bass but they can see you too so stealth is key. There will be a lot of recreational boaters on West so you may want to head over to East or Spirit. On Spirit, I’d say the same thing as far as smallies on the rocks, especially early and late in the day. If you can, try to book a full day or half day with Ryan Hale up there. He’s a buddy and knows the lake better than anyone I know. His website is here: Ryan Hale’s Guide Service . He may be booked up but if you can get one day on the water with Ryan you’ll know where to fish and how to fish ’em. Good luck and have fun.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.