Eye pics from Spirit

• ryan-hale
    NW Ia

Here are a few pics of Spirit Lake female eyes for 05.
    Ryan Hale

ryan-hale
    NW Ia

Another group of females.The biggest eye that was brought in off of Spirit was 12#’s.There were alot brought in from the 8-9# range.
    Ryan Hale

ivanbrehmer
    Johnston, Iowa

Ya, you got my attention. Sounds like a bunch of nice eyes.

panfish
    Blairsburg IA

Some of them will look good on the end of my pole in a few weeks! Cool pictures Ryan.

chuckles
    Manchester, Iowa

Some of those girls are carrying some girth Ryan – did you have a conversation with any of them about visiting your boat with clients this year? Talked to ducks4me and he is fired up to come out and fish so we may have to try and arrange something. Have you been fishing on the river or Storm Lake anymore Ryan? Chuckles

ryan-hale
    NW Ia

Chuck,it would be great if you and Scott could get up here fishing.Try to make it up sometime in June,a great month to fish.Maybe these gas prices will go back down so people can do more things again??? I was wondering if any of those big females are fish that have been caught by us and released.Spirit has a good population of these big females,we just need to figured out what makes them bite and when!!!!
    Todd,looking forward to spending a few days on the water with you next month.
    Ryan Hale

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

I am assuming that these females are caught and stripped of eggs and then released back into Spirit Lake. Am I correct? Thanks for the pics Ryan.
    Thanks, Bill

ryan-hale
    NW Ia

Bill,it is a very organized and neat effort that goes on every year in the hatchery.All the tanks are labeled with what lake and females/males.The fish are stripped/milked and returned a short time later to thier body of water.
    With the muskie and northern,thier given a tranqualizer so they won’t be hard to handle.But I’ve still seen a northern flip a whole pan of eggs on the floor.
    Ryan Hale

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Thats what I figured. Thanks.
    Thanks, Bill

KEISHA
    iowa

NEAT PICTURES! I KNOW THERE IS ALOT OF NICE SIZED FEMALES IN SPIRIT. BUT DID YOU HEAR OR SEE HOW THE OTHER CLASSSES OF FISH ARE FOR SIZE THIS YEAR. WE FISHED OVER THERE ALOT LAST YEAR WITH ALOT OF FISH AT THE 13 3/4 INCHES. DO YOU THINK THEY WILL MAKE GRADE THIS YEAR?

emover
    Malcom, IA

Ryan,
    Thanks for the pics, I have wanted to see the netting and tour the hatchery, but seems I’m always visiting just a bit before or after. Those are some awesome looking girls, and I know Derek and I are going to do our best to see if we can solve the where and when riddle on some of them.

dave

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.