Had fun Panfish.

• ryan-hale
    NW Ia

Spent a few hours on Spirit Lake yesterday with my good friend Todd Brim.There were a few things Todd wanted to try so we got out on the water and attacked the eyes.With the State Championships coming up next week-end I’ll have to remain tight-lipped on how Todd and I got our fish.
    Todd is a class act and alot of fun to spend time with on the water and at the picnic table Had alot of fun Todd.The ole’man drinks some good stuff!!!
    Here is Todd with a nice 19″ eye.
    Ryan Hale

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Looks to be a tad blustery! Good luck Todd and anyone else fishing your tourney.

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Looks to me like you guys were able to stretch that panfish out far enough to look more like an eye! Good luck next week.

Thanks, Bill

panfish
    Blairsburg IA

Well Ryan and I tried to get in a bit of fishing as seen in the picture the water had a little chop on it!! Mr. Hale showed me the finer points of using leadcore something I had never tried. Thanks alot for the class Ryan!!(stopped at the outlet today and picked up a 6500) If anyone ever gets up that way give Ryan a buzz he knows the lakes very well and can put you on some fish. He’s a great guy to spend a day BSing and fishing with. And when the days done tipping a few with can’t have much better company then Ryan.

As for the rest of the trip we managed 3 keeper eye a 22,20 and the 19 pictured. LOTS of short fish. My mother LOVES pulling boards her first time and her and I spent 7 hrs. one day pulling them. She caught the 20 incher. My father now believe’s in boards he caught the biggest fish of his life a 36 inch muskie and the biggest eye he’s ever caught the 22 incher. We had to leave a day early the weather was getting nasty had to retreat to the shower house when the siren’s were going off in Spirit Lake! The campground turned into a mud hole so we all decided to pack it in and head home

Ryan the old man had to buy another 12 of the good stuff after you two drank it all!

Thanks again for the day on the water to bad the weather wouldn’t have been better will have to do it again.

Todd.

panfish
    Blairsburg IA

Bill…I’m just a big guy and made it look smaller then it really was!!

ryan-hale
    NW Ia

Todd,thanks alot for the kind words.After I left your camper I stopped by Oak Tree Bar-B-Q and spent $21.00 for the family.
    Cole and I will be back on the water this week-end and than Goody and his Dad are coming up the 17 & 18.
    The bite is really going to pick up with these cool temps coming in at night this week.Should drop the water temps from 6-10 degrees.
    I’ll get up a report up when we get back.Cole says he’s after that 30″ fish this fall and I hope he gets it.
    Ryan Hale

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Panfish, I was meaning that that panfish stretched out pretty big, so big that it looked like a nice eye! \

Thanks, Bill

kid hale

Todd,is that your first eye you caught with dad?
    Cole Hale

goody
    Iowa (Des Moines area)

Oh no!!!! Not ANOTHER one!!

goody

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.