Spinning reels

• Tanner C.

For the last few years i have been a huge fan of the pfluger presidents and the shimano sedonas. Mostly the flugers but the sedonas are nice too. Im looking at putting a new combo together and but money is fairly tight. This combo would primarily be for slip bobber crappies and walleyes. 7′ med rod, wondering if anyone has suggestions for reels that i should be looking at that may be under $60?

Thanks for any help

mojogunter

I have a used a stradic 2500 with a spare spool I am selling for $80 that is in really good condition. I have 2 I’m planning on selling this weekend at our fishing club garage sale.

Attachments:
    1. 20170417_150424.jpg

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Check out the diawa revros spinning reels. I generally try to spend around $100 for a mid grade spinning reel but these are less than $50 and are as smooth as a $200 reel. You have to feel them to believe it.

I don’t own one yet but I’m considering that or a diawa exceler for my next spinning reel. Both are super smooth. Give them a spin at your nearest sporting goods store and tell me what you think.

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

I’m a big fan of the Penn Battle II series. The battle II 2000 is a good reel for that application and you can usually get a good deal on Amazon in the $60-$70 range.

Penn is usually preferred by the saltwater guys but I have 5 of them in various sizes and think they are phenomenal for the price.

Reef W

I got a Revros last year and like it.

francisco4
    Holmen, WI

Just picked up 2 Legalis reels for $29.00 each. Have only caught panfish on them, but no complaints at this point.

FDR

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.