Spinner harness hooks

• grizzly
    nebraska

On a 2 hook spinner harness does anyone use a treble hook for the last hook and if so do you always use them or switch to 2 regular at times and what is the reasoning. What works best for you

Mike Johnson

On the crawler harness’s I tie up for Lake Erie I tie treble hooks on the back of every rig.

grizzly
    nebraska

On the crawler harness’s I tie up for Lake Erie I tie treble hooks on the back of every rig.

why on erie? Just because of the size of the fish? That’s where I have used them also. Fishing LOTW most of the summers now and wondering why not using them up here

SuperDave1959
    Harrisville, UT

Consider if you do any releasing.

asch
    Eastern Iowa

You might get a lot of snags on LOTW fishing on the bottom.

grizzly
    nebraska

Don’t believe releasing fish will be a problem we release them off crankbaits all the time. Unless ur fishing in the rocks I don’t think snags are a problem at all. I don’t think I have ever had a snag out in the mud

toddrun

I tried trebles as the trailing hook on crawler harnesses on Mille Lacs many years ago. They tended to pick up too much debris off the bottom, especially Zeeb’s. I kept them and ran floats or pumped my crawlers with air to get them off the bottom and they worked well. Just needed to figure out if the fish wanted it off the bottom or not.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.