Rage baits

• bucketmouth1
    Lancaster, WI

Does anyone throw a Strike King Rage toad or the Rage shad? they look good I’ve just never tried one

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

They are fantastic baits. I’ve been throwing them since they first came out.

The shad looks like a buzzbait. It throws a lot of water.

Both of them have been quite durable for me as well. I don’t think you’ll be disappointed.

bucketmouth1
    Lancaster, WI

Sweet deal…you think they work better than the SPRO?

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

Quote:

Sweet deal…you think they work better than the SPRO?

Unless Spro started making a solid frog, you’re comparing apples to oranges.

To me, solid bodied frogs and hollow frogs like the Spro are 2 totally different baits.

Those Spro frogs are great baits, but I won’t compare them to the Rage products.

Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

Blue hit the nail on this one – The rage shad displaces so much water and sounds like a freight train coming across the top … it’s more or less a frog buzzbait…..but unlike Blue said – they don’t work

bucketmouth1
    Lancaster, WI

Quote:

Blue hit the nail on this one – The rage shad displaces so much water and sounds like a freight train coming across the top … it’s more or less a frog buzzbait…..but unlike Blue said – they don’t work

You really dont have much luck with them Slop? or were u kidding?

buck_slayer01

Hey I was wondering what kind of hook people are using for the rage shad weighted unweighted?

bucketmouth1
    Lancaster, WI

It says on the back of the bag to use a 4/0 to 6/0 wide gap hook. I looked at a 5/0 and I thought that might actually be to big for the bait, so I think I would go with a 4/0

boods
    Lancaster, WI

I’ve heard great things about the Rage Baits. The promotion video looks pretty convincing that they are a work of art.

Bass Pundit
    8m S. of Platte/Sullivan Lakes, Minnesocold

At a buck a bait, they better work and be somewhat durable. Maybe I will break down and buy a pack of Rage Toads this year. However I wouldn’t risk throwing them on Platte/Sullivan because of the little pike. Little pike are a constant danger for buzz toad legs.

Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

At a buck a bait, that’s the cheapest frog on the market.

tennispro
    Sterling, IL

I got a pack of the shad while in PDC for a tournament last year. I got a fish on my first cast with them. I used them in Minn on vacation and caught a ton of fish.

The problem I had with them is short striking fish will take the tail right off the bait. Forget about resuing when you hook up with a northern of any size.

But like said they are great lookin in the water. I will be using more this season.
    Jeremy

Bass Pundit
    8m S. of Platte/Sullivan Lakes, Minnesocold

Quote:

At a buck a bait, that’s the cheapest frog on the market.

I don’t think I have ever paid more than 50 cents a piece for a Zoom Horny Toad or Sizmic Toad.

oldrat
    Upper Midwest

five, six years ago, I gave the guys from Gander a couple of sizmic toads Before UNCLE JOSH bought the company.. and I told them it was the hot bait down south.. and both of the guys looked at me like I was nuts..

I guess things change..

willie boy
    Cornhusker Central ... HELP!

spent some time working on this last year…like BF said, the two types of frogs are ‘floaters’ and ‘buzzers’ … and there are times when fish definitely prefer one over the other. If you try enough brands, you may also notice that they’ll prefer one brand over another from time to time.

Rigging is critical…and when done right can give you strike/hook ratios rivaling plastic worms…

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.